Oct 6, 2020
Hello. Please help. I just built a new PC and it won’t stop restarting. I haven’t installed windows or anything it just restarts over and over when I turn it on. If I take the ram sticks out it turns on but just sits there because it can’t do anything without RAM, but it does stop the restarting. I tried hitting the clear CMOS button and YES they are fully seated. The LEDS come on the RAM and everything. I can’t get anything from the motherboard codes because it’s just FF. I’ll list my specs below:

corsair 680x case
intel i9 10900k
MSI MEG Godlike Z490
gtx 680 super (waiting for 3080 availability)
evga g2 1000 watt psu
Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 3200 (PC4 25600) 4x16gb CMT32GX4M2C3200C16
Buncha ll140 fans
2x Samsung 970 evo 2tb nvme
corsair h115i platinum cpu cooler

pretty sure something is up with the ram. I tried 3 of the sticks in the 2a slot and made sure they were seated and each time restarting. No RAM the PC just sits after booted but obv no bios or boot from windows drive. Please help I haven’t built a PC in 8 years. I’m not sure maybe they’re incompatible because it’s 2 sets of 2 sticks I doubt they’d all be defective. I plan to use an old PSU I have thats working to rule that out then it’s either every single RAM stick is bad, the mobo is bad, or the CPU is bad. I reseated the cpu twice and checked the pins. Sad face.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
1 cpu, 1 gpu, 1 stick of RAM installed, try boot that. No harddisk or anything. You should be able to get to UEFI/BIOS at least.

Reboot sounds like possible ground issue also. I would check all power cables too. PSU to wall, rear of PSU etc. Not just inside the case.

Oct 6, 2020
So I’ve done a lot more with the pc and I noticed the error codes changed on the display on the mobo. Every time I start it, it get a 9A then restarts. Then it infinitely gets stuck on A2, IDE detect, and flashed B3 (system reset) and restarts over and over. 9A is USB initialization. I unplugged every fan and usb plug to the mobo and only replugged the cpu cooler. Have replugged the graphics card too. Could something with the USB on the mobo be broken?

Oct 6, 2020
1 cpu, 1 gpu, 1 stick of RAM installed, try boot that. No harddisk or anything. You should be able to get to UEFI/BIOS at least.

Reboot sounds like possible ground issue also. I would check all power cables too. PSU to wall, rear of PSU etc. Not just inside the case.
The problem with this is when it gets the 9A error it just restarts, it only does that once until I flip the PSU power switch and start it again. However it gives me 2A over and over again and restart loops after the initial 9A error restart. When it does this I used my phone to record the codes, it flickers B3 for a second after the 9A which means system reset. So the mobo is causing the restart infinitely looking for something. I tried removing the graphics card and it works but then I can’t get any display. This graphics card works fine in my old build. I tried different card slots too. I RMA’d the mobo so we will see.