[SOLVED] New PC, no display at all for either one of my monitors :(

Aug 19, 2019
Hello all!

I am very new to PC gaming, I’m a broke student-athlete and I am taking what little cash I have and creating my own dual monitor setup. I have a 28” Samsung 4K monitor, and I have an ASUS 24” 144hz monitor both connected to my PC, and I’ve played hell getting it all working correctly.

After hours of research, resetting my computer and monitors, checking connections and everything else, I finally got my setup running the way I want, getting really good frames and working as expected. That’s is of course, until I bumped my PC as I scooted up to my desk.

When I bumped my PC, my left monitor I was using to game on (the Asus 24”) went black and my gaming display switched to my right monitor. I pulled my PC off the wall, shut everything down, checked the connections and replugged everything back in, and now I have absolutely no display on either monitor from my GPU.

I am losing my mind. I am in desperate need of help.

PC Specs:
I7-4770s
Gtx 1060 3gb
8gb 1600mhz ram
240gb Samsung SSD
Z77 Sabertooth motherboard

Both monitors are connected using DisplayPort cables as well. Maybe that matters maybe it doesn’t, I haven’t the slightest clue.

Solution
I assumed you'd built this PC yourself as most gamers do --- if you're not confident in re-seating the graphics card ask a knowledgeable friend to do it for you. It has to be worth trying as often that fixes loss of display when PC has been bumped.