[SOLVED] New PC - No Signal after Booting into Windows

Jan 17, 2021
Hello, I recently built a PC and it has been working fine for the past 2 weeks. Today, the monitor suddenly had a black screen and does not display anything when the PC boots into windows. It seems that the PC works fine in the BIOS and also shows the motherboard manufacturer logo on boot but once it gets to the login screen the screen goes black.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 3060 ti
16 GB 3200 DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte MicroATX Motherboard
650W PSU

Notes:
  • Fast Boot is currently disabled in BIOS
  • XMP is enabled for the RAM
  • The monitor has been tested with another PC and it was working fine
  • The connection being used is HDMI
  • When testing the PC with another monitor, the issue persists
Attempted Fixes:
  • Reseating RAM/GPU
  • Ensuring motherboard power cables are properly plugged in
Not really sure why this issue happened and so randomly despite having no issues before, any help would be appreciated!

Edit:
I was able to boot windows in safe mode and it seems to be working fine in safe mode.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello, I recently built a PC and it has been working fine for the past 2 weeks. Today, the monitor suddenly had a black screen and does not display anything when the PC boots into windows. It seems that the PC works fine in the BIOS and also shows the motherboard manufacturer logo on boot but once it gets to the login screen the screen goes black.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 3060 ti
16 GB 3200 DDR4 RAM
650W PSU

Notes:
Attempted Fixes:
  • Reseating...

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 3060 ti
16 GB 3200 DDR4 RAM
650W PSU

Notes:
Attempted Fixes:
  • Reseating RAM/GPU
  • Ensuring motherboard power cables are properly plugged in
Not really sure why this issue happened and so randomly despite having no issues before, any help would be appreciated!

Edit:
I was able to boot windows in safe mode and it seems to be working fine in safe mode.
Barring GPU going bad, only other thing could be GPU drivers. I would uninstall then using DDU (works in safe mode) https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html and reboot with internet connected. Windows should install at least basic GPU drivers (be patient may take some time).
Not working in windows when proper drivers are installed (they don't work in safe mode just very basic drivers) could and often means that something's wrong with 3D section of GPU.
Would be best if you could try that GPU in some other compatible system.
All things you did are in relation to hardware and you would not have any display in BIOS and/or safe mode.

Solution
Jan 17, 2021
Barring GPU going bad, only other thing could be GPU drivers. I would uninstall then using DDU (works in safe mode) https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html and reboot with internet connected. Windows should install at least basic GPU drivers (be patient may take some time).
Not working in windows when proper drivers are installed (they don't work in safe mode just very basic drivers) could and often means that something's wrong with 3D section of GPU.
Would be best if you could try that GPU in some other compatible system.
All things you did are in relation to hardware and you would not have any display in BIOS and/or safe mode.
So I just tried uninstalling the drivers using DDU and it seems to work fine. The issue is most games won't run without the Nvidia drivers. When I try to reinstall the Nvidia drivers the same issue occurs. Unfortunately, I do not have another system to test this out on but I will try with another GPU in the system to see if the issue persists. Do you know if this is something EVGA would replace the GPU for?

So I just tried uninstalling the drivers using DDU and it seems to work fine. The issue is most games won't run without the Nvidia drivers. When I try to reinstall the Nvidia drivers the same issue occurs. Unfortunately, I do not have another system to test this out on but I will try with another GPU in the system to see if the issue persists. Do you know if this is something EVGA would replace the GPU for?
Yes they should if it's within warranty period.