Question New PC not connecting to monitor

Nov 25, 2021
Hi all,

This seems to be a fairly common problem looking at the forum, but as I'm not very technically minded i'm hoping someone can help to suggest steps to take in a fairly basic/understandable way.

I recently bought a new gaming PC, and it's apparently been tested/working, but when I connect to my monitor I just get a blank screen, and it flashes up 'no signal'.
I asked the people we bought it from but they just suggested trying a new cable or monitor. I bought a new HDMI 2.1 cable to see if that was an issue, and all it does is bring up the 'no signal' response a bit quicker!
The monitor is pretty old, so I wondered if that might be the problem, it's an iiyama Prolite B2280HS. The specs look like it 'should' work, but obviously tech moves pretty quick so it might just be out of date. It works on my old PC fine. I'm almost hoping this might be the issue as it'd be the simplest option just to buy a new screen.

The HDMI is connected into the back of the graphics card, but i've tried in all available ports and with other cables just to make sure. I've also tried taking out a stick of RAM, but that hasn't helped. I know people suggest taking the graphics card out but I'm not sure I know where to start and maybe wonder if professional help would be better, or if I can follow a tutorial somewhere. If I do have to take this step would I then be able to put it back in later as obviously that was a bit part of the price we spent.

The list of components provided in the case is as follows

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB SATA III 3.5" HDD
TP-Link Archer T2U Plus 433Mbps USB 2.0 WiFi
MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX AMD Socket AM4 Motherboard
CCL Choice 8GB (1x 8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM x 2
Corsair CX650F RGB 650W Modular 80+ Bronze PSU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Zen 2 CPU
Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim 2 Air Tower CPU Cooler
Kingston NV1 500GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD
MSI Radeon RX 6600 MECH 2X 8GB GPU

Nov 25, 2021
I've checked what I think are both ends of the power cable (I've also checked every other connection I could find just in case)

Should the GPU fans spin when it switches on or just when it overheats? I noticed they aren't moving when on.
Power does seem to be coming through as the monitor recognises when the PC turns on, but immediately goes to 'no signal'.

Just received a new 4k monitor and the problem is the same.