Question new pc not getting any display

May 6, 2021
hi everyone, im building my new pc and it seems to work but ive been running into a problem where sometimes my monitor doesnt recognize it when it turns on, and this keeps going on unless i reseat the cpu. the fans and lights run fine

i thought at first this is because it's a mini itx build and some parts were pushing against my RAM and knocking it out of place (cpu cooler and 24 pin motherboard cable from my psu) i switched to a smaller cooler and moved the cable away as much as i could and it is displaying now, but it stops if i turn the pc off and try to turn on again and it wont come back on unless i reseat the cpu again

if it helps my parts are
cpu: ryzen 5 3600
mobo: asus rog strix b550-i
ssd/main hard drive : samsung 970 evo 1tb
ram: patriot viper steel ddr4 2x8gb
graphics card: visiontek radeon rx 5700 8gb
psu: be quiet! bn639 sfx 600w
cooler: nzxt kraken x53
case: nzxt h210

could anyone help me fix this and find out what im doing wrong?

kurdtnz

Commendable
Feb 24, 2020
What cooler are you using and what temp readings are you getting? And I have to ask the obvious, when you reseat the cpu and fan, are you cleaning the cpu and applying new thermal paste each time?

May 6, 2021
What cooler are you using and what temp readings are you getting? And I have to ask the obvious, when you reseat the cpu and fan, are you cleaning the cpu and applying new thermal paste each time?
Im using a NZXT Kraken x53, idle temps from 35C to 40C , and thanks for stating the obvious, no I haven't been cleaning and applying new thermal paste, I'll try that next if it happens again thank you!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS