[SOLVED] New pc not giving any display and red debug led on vga.

uwaissuperchamp1

Commendable
Oct 3, 2017
Hello guys ,

CPU:Ryzen 3600 stock
Mobo: msi b450 carbon pro ac latest bios
Gpu: my used gtx 1060 mini 6gb Zotac
Ram: Trident z neo 3200c16 ddr4 skhynx
Ssd: 970 evo plus 250gb
Psu: Corsair CX 650w
Hard disk : 1 seagate fire cuda 1tb and one 500gb wd green
Cooler: Upgraded to ryzen 7 rgb cooler.
Fans: 3 front rgb and one rear rgb.

NOTE : #From Para 1 - 7 I talk about my new system and what i did , temps, testing and how all was fine and what old parts i used and how I did minor testing on new PC ....
#From Para 8-17 I tell abou the exact problem im facing

1:)
My name is Uwais. A week back i built my new pc ... Msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac with r5 3600 and trident z neo 3200 ddr4 memory.
I also bought a new power supply cx 650w as my old one died.
I am using my old Zotac GTX 1060 6GB MINI that i bought in 2017 ..
My old cpu was i3 6098p... All parts are new except gpu and hard drives..

2:)
I also used my old seagate and wd harddrives which work perfectly fine.

3:) I installed windows on the hard drive just to see that all parts are fine because my ssd was on the way. Also updated to latest bios.

4:) Yesterday i received my ssd 970 evo plus and installed windows on it .

5:) After installing windows i installed all drivers and important software.
I monitored the temps and it looked normal with cpu at 38-45 with voltage showing 1.3-1.4 volt at idle... And Gpu at 32-36 at idle.

6:)
I also put my memory at 3200mhz . I installed some benchmark tools and all was fine with max cpu temp at 73 full load.

7:)
Then i played forza horizon 4 for 1 hr and gpu was at 70 degree.
I hav just 60 hz panel so vsync was on. I disabled vsynx to see how much temp headroom i have in gpu and i saw gpu temp going upto 85-90 degree. Then i put it back to normal vsync on .
After this i played apex for half an hour . Gpu was at 60-70 degree and cpu was at 55-60 degree.
Then i turned off computer and slept.

MAIN PROBLEM EXPLAINED BELOW ..

8:) Then next day after 23 hrs i turned my pc on and it turned on fine. Windows loaded and i was sitting on my desktop page. After 2mins suddenly my screen goes blank . I cant see even my cursor. I can see monitor backlight is on but nothing is displayed. I tried task manager and everything but no response. Keyboard and mouse light are on. Then i press the reset button on my cabinet to restart.

9:) The fans stop and reatart again and all my rgb turns on , my rgb cooler turns on my ram light is on my case light is on all fans are spinning my gpu fan is spinning ... Everything is fine but i get no display...

10:) Then i see that my mobo shows some red light at vga debug point..
My keyboard and mouse dont light up now ...

11:) I tried reseating gpu, changing pcie cables, trying the second pcie slot , trying the mobo hdmi port, trying different hdmi cable, removing cmos battery and putting jt back on(sont know if it reset as i just removed it and waited 20sec and put it back) , short jabat1 two pins( i removed the psu power cable and then did this dont know if it worked) , Tried without gpu , tried with gpu but without pcie power cable, reseated ram.

12:)I dont know what to do as im so frustrated with my build ... At my place all my family never build a new pc like this, they either buy new garbage laptop or new pc without any knowledge... But i love pc building and although its my first build im getting criticized by my family as its so new and im sitting hours without even getting it to work. 😔

13:) Now this is exactly what is happening...
I press power on button then first cpu debug led comes up, then goes off (all other debug leds are off at this time and none light up) the monitor backlight comes up but says no signal and shows resolution as 1920*1080 ,After 4sec or so the cpu debug led turns off and then after my monitor shows no signal the vga led comes up and stays red. (Also the keyboard and mouse never light up like before), Then if i wait for like 2-4mins just sitting like a duck then i see the keyboard and mouse lighting up and again my display backlight(sometimes) coming up and saying no input... Then dont know how but the vga debug led turns off and no debug led lights show up. Then after almost 10-20sec it autorestarts and my keyboard and mouse lights go off and as soon as it restarts then there is no debug lights active and my keyboard and mouse also turn on as normal (still no display) i think it auto restarts (not sure) and none of the debug leds come up and stays like this only , if during this time i restart computer then again the same thing repeats from starting . As soon as after waiting the vga debug led goes off at the same time the keyboard and mouse light up. Then the restart takes place and then after some time keyboard and mouse go out and debug vga les comes up.

14:)If during this time i press the reset switch then the cpu debug led lights up and goes off as nd then the vga debug comes up and the same thing as mentioned above happens.

15:) But if instead of restart i hold down the power button then as soon as the power goes out then i see first immediate cpu light followed by small light glimpse of all other lights .

16:) Please help me out guys as i live far away from actual pc market and also none of my friends and relatives got a spare gpu or other parts..

17:) Havent changed anything in bios except memory to xmp . Never moved my pc and no dust as its completely new . (Gpu is old ).
Note: In these two years on my old cheap pc i never used gpu ever more than 70-80% as i was cpu bottlenecked and also just 60fps vsync)

I am almost giving up but i love pc building and its not been a good experience for me until now

Thank you for reading till here and tq for all your help guys.

Solution
At first glance, it looks like your gpu is at fault : it seems to have failed when you were on your desktop.

Could you try to use your gtx 1060 on another pc ? To me this would be the simplest solution.

However, i don't think your cpu is the problem, i have the same on a B450 Tomahawk and the cpu debug led also lights up for a short time when it boots, then it turns off.

Let us know!

uwaissuperchamp1

Commendable
Oct 3, 2017
Hello guys ,

CPU:Ryzen 3600 stock
Mobo: msi b450 carbon pro ac latest bios
Gpu: my used gtx 1060 mini 6gb Zotac
Ram: Trident z neo 3200c16 ddr4 skhynx
Ssd: 970 evo plus 250gb
Psu: Corsair CX 650w
Hard disk : 1 seagate fire cuda 1tb and one 500gb wd green
Cooler: Upgraded to ryzen 7 rgb cooler.
Fans: 3 front rgb and one rear rgb.

NOTE : #From Para 1 - 7 I talk about my new system and what i did , temps, testing and how all was fine and what old parts i used and how I did minor testing on new PC ....
#From Para 8-17 I tell abou the exact problem im facing

1:)
My name is Uwais. A week back i built my new pc ... Msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac with r5 3600 and trident z neo 3200 ddr4 memory.
I also bought a new power supply cx 650w as my old one died.
I am using my old Zotac GTX 1060 6GB MINI that i bought in 2017 ..
My old cpu was i3 6098p... All parts are new except gpu and hard drives..

2:)
I also used my old seagate and wd harddrives which work perfectly fine.

3:) I installed windows on the hard drive just to see that all parts are fine because my ssd was on the way. Also updated to latest bios.

4:)Yesterday i received my ssd 970 evo plus and installed windows on it .

5:) After installing windows i installed all drivers and important software.
I monitored the temps and it looked normal with cpu at 38-45 with voltage showing 1.3-1.4 volt at idle... And Gpu at 32-36 at idle.

6:)
I also put my memory at 3200mhz . I installed some benchmark tools and all was fine with max cpu temp at 73 full load.

7:)
Then i played forza horizon 4 for 1 hr and gpu was at 70 degree.
I hav just 60 hz panel so vsync was on. I disabled vsynx to see how much temp headroom i have in gpu and i saw gpu temp going upto 85-90 degree. Then i put it back to normal vsync on .
After this i played apex for half an hour . Gpu was at 60-70 degree and cpu was at 55-60 degree.
Then i turned off computer and slept.

MAIN PROBLEM EXPLAINED BELOW ..

8:)Then next day after 23 hrs i turned my pc on and it turned on fine. Windows loaded and i was sitting on my desktop page. After 2mins suddenly my screen goes blank . I cant see even my cursor. I can see monitor backlight is on but nothing is displayed. I tried task manager and everything but no response. Keyboard and mouse light are on. Then i press the reset button on my cabinet to restart.

9:) The fans stop and reatart again and all my rgb turns on , my rgb cooler turns on my ram light is on my case light is on all fans are spinning my gpu fan is spinning ... Everything is fine but i get no display...

10:) Then i see that my mobo shows some red light at vga debug point..
My keyboard and mouse dont light up now ...

11:) I tried reseating gpu, changing pcie cables, trying the second pcie slot , trying the mobo hdmi port, trying different hdmi cable, removing cmos battery and putting jt back on(sont know if it reset as i just removed it and waited 20sec and put it back) , short jabat1 two pins( i removed the psu power cable and then did this dont know if it worked) , Tried without gpu , tried with gpu but without pcie power cable, reseated ram.

12:)I dont know what to do as im so frustrated with my build ... At my place all my family never build a new pc like this, they either buy new garbage laptop or new pc without any knowledge... But i love pc building and although its my first build im getting criticized by my family as its so new and im sitting hours without even getting it to work. 😔

13:) Now this is exactly what is happening...
I press power on button then first cpu debug led comes up, then goes off (all other debug leds are off at this time and none light up) the monitor backlight comes up but says no signal and shows resolution as 1920*1080 ,After 4sec or so the cpu debug led turns off and then after my monitor shows no signal the vga led comes up and stays red. (Also the keyboard and mouse never light up like before), Then if i wait for like 2-4mins just sitting like a duck then i see the keyboard and mouse lighting up and again my display backlight(sometimes) coming up and saying no input... Then dont know how but the vga debug led turns off and no debug led lights show up. Then after almost 10-20sec it autorestarts and my keyboard and mouse lights go off and as soon as it restarts then there is no debug lights active and my keyboard and mouse also turn on as normal (still no display) i think it auto restarts (not sure) and none of the debug leds come up and stays like this only , if during this time i restart computer then again the same thing repeats from starting . As soon as after waiting the vga debug led goes off at the same time the keyboard and mouse light up. Then the restart takes place and then after some time keyboard and mouse go out and debug vga les comes up.

14:)If during this time i press the reset switch then the cpu debug led lights up and goes off as nd then the vga debug comes up and the same thing as mentioned above happens.

15:) But if instead of restart i hold down the power button then as soon as the power goes out then i see first immediate cpu light followed by small light glimpse of all other lights .

16:) Please help me out guys as i live far away from actual pc market and also none of my friends and relatives got a spare gpu or other parts..

17:) Havent changed anything in bios except memory to xmp . Never moved my pc and no dust as its completely new . (Gpu is old ).
Note: In these two years on my old cheap pc i never used gpu ever more than 70-80% as i was cpu bottlenecked and also just 60fps vsync)

I am almost giving up but i love pc building and its not been a good experience for me until now

Thank you for reading till here and tq for all your help guys.

I can also capture a video and screenshot if you want .

Dec 15, 2019
At first glance, it looks like your gpu is at fault : it seems to have failed when you were on your desktop.

Could you try to use your gtx 1060 on another pc ? To me this would be the simplest solution.

However, i don't think your cpu is the problem, i have the same on a B450 Tomahawk and the cpu debug led also lights up for a short time when it boots, then it turns off.

Let us know!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS