[SOLVED] New PC not picking up my proper internet speed.

May 12, 2021
I use a single ethernet cable (cat5e) to switch between a PC and a PS4. In the task manager under network I can see that it recognizes the 40Mbps I'm supposed to be receiving but my ACTUAL download speed is hard capped at 4Mbps. This problem doesn't occur with the PlayStation. I updated the network adapter's driver as well. What could be causing such a discrepancy? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kanewolf

Titan
I use a single ethernet cable (cat5e) to switch between a PC and a PS4. In the task manager under network I can see that it recognizes the 40Mbps I'm supposed to be receiving but my ACTUAL download speed is hard capped at 4Mbps. This problem doesn't occur with the PlayStation. I updated the network adapter's driver as well. What could be causing such a discrepancy? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
And be sure your units are correct. Download speeds on PCs are in BYTES. 4MB/s would be close to 40Mbit internet rate.

Reactions: Vanrick772
May 12, 2021
40 Megabytes / Second. I turned off IPv6 and re-did a speed test and it actually looked good for once! About a minute later is was back down to 4MB/s....so strange.

No matter the speedtest result my download speed is 4MB/s or lower.

May 12, 2021
IPV6 disabled and tuning disabled. The problem persists. When everything is neutral and I run a test the results seem accurate. Then when actually downloading something it seems to bottleneck at 4 MB/s.