Question New PC not posting, DRAM light on

Sep 26, 2022
Like the title says my newly built computer isn't posting, it starts, but complete blackscreen with the DRAM light on.
Neat thing is that it posts with 1 stick in, in both A1/B1 but not A2/B2 nor dual channel.
I have tried borderline everything.

• Re-Adjusting CPU cooler
  • Tried different RAM stick
  • Checked RAM compatibilty
  • Updated BIOS
  • Cleared CMOS
  • Checked for bent pins on the CPU
  • Disconnected & Reconnected every single cable there inside the PC
Im completely out of ideas, please help.

Specs:
Motherboard - Asus B550-Plus
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600x
RAM - HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz 8GB (x2)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022
What kind of CPU cooler do you have? It could be you tightened it too much. One of the results usually is a non-working second RAM channel. And make sure you press in the RAM all the way. Usually you should hear a click.
AMD Wraith, like I mentioned in the initial post I have tried re-adjusting the cooler, implied I have loosend it, read it could have been the root of the problem, but to no avail. RAM sticks are without a doubt fully pressed in.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
AMD Wraith, like I mentioned in the initial post I have tried re-adjusting the cooler, implied I have loosend it, read it could have been the root of the problem, but to no avail. RAM sticks are without a doubt fully pressed in.

You didn't mention Wraith. The reason I mentioned the cooler pressure is because people new to AIOs usually tigten the thumbscrews that should be hand-tightened, people tighten with a screwdriver. Pretty common mistake.

TRENDING THREADS