[SOLVED] New PC not posting

MissAngie2356

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
Hi,
I started a build a little while ago and it’s been causing me nothing but problems. Here are the specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Ram: 16 GB Trident gskill
Hard Drives: Samsung 860 EVO SSD 1TB

First time i built it, everything went fine. It posted and it was beautiful. Then i stupidly tried messing with the rgb and i fried the motherboard.. got an RMA for that and rebuilt it.. only to have the pins on the cpu bent... tried bending them back using the razor method, but it wouldn’t post, got an RMA for that and put the new CPU in, and it still won’t post. Now, when i say it doesn’t post, I mean it will boot up, make all the sounds and the led’s and fans come on and my peripherals light up.. but i’m not getting anything on my monitors and the mobo red cpu light comes on for a second then turns off. but everything still spins and lights up. I’ve tried taking out my gpu and plugging my monitor into the onboard graphics but still didn’t get anything. I’ve tried taking the battery out for a half hour, nothing. I’ve moved the ram around, nothing. I’m thinking i might’ve ruined the CPU sockets on the mobo when i put in the other cpu with the “fixed” bent pins. i also might’ve gotten some thermal paste in there. but i tried cleaning it all over. idk. Any ideas?

Solution
Any error code "beeps" on boot if you have a speaker on the motherboard? That would be super helpful. So the motherboard is the original from the build it looks like, if you have thermal paste in the cpu socket that might be the issue with the no - boot problem. You will have to dis-assemble everything from the motherboard and take it out of the case. Get some electronics cleaner / contact cleaner that is safe for plastic and spray into the cpu socket really well. You should let it dry for several hours before trying to re-assemble everything.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Any error code "beeps" on boot if you have a speaker on the motherboard? That would be super helpful. So the motherboard is the original from the build it looks like, if you have thermal paste in the cpu socket that might be the issue with the no - boot problem. You will have to dis-assemble everything from the motherboard and take it out of the case. Get some electronics cleaner / contact cleaner that is safe for plastic and spray into the cpu socket really well. You should let it dry for several hours before trying to re-assemble everything.

Solution