Question NEW PC NOT WORKING, PLEASE HELP ME

Oct 14, 2024
Good morning, I just assembled a new PC (it's not the first one I've done) but when I start it, the yellow light of the RAM comes on first and then the red one of the CPU (I've already checked the pins and they're fine).
Components: - rog strix b650
- Ryzen 7 7800x3d
- Rx7800xt
- 2T Nvme Fanciang
- 1T sata Fanciang
- 850w NZXT 80Plus gold power supply
- 32 G Delta T Force FF4D532G6000HC38AD01 RAM
Please help me, I really don't know what to do, I've already tried everything, both changing slots and refreshing the bios but nothing, the PC starts but it doesn't give any visual signal and the yellow light comes on first and then the red one, thanks.
PS: if I insert the ram in slots 1 and 3 (which are the ones NOT recommended) then only the red light turns on and not the yellow one.
Thanks for the hand.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are your rams populating slots A2 and B2 on the motherboard? Have you inspected the CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins? Speaking of motherboard's, there are a couple under the ROG Strix branding;
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards-group/allmodels/?items=2095,2284,3109
which one do you have?

How are you cooling the processor? Can you get POST if you remove the discrete GPU from the build?

Oct 14, 2024
The model is a B650-A Gaming Wi Fi, this evening I will try to connect directly to the integrated graphics by removing the GPU but for now I have not been able to enter the bios in any way.
The ram are in the right slots (I also tried to change them in all possible ways, even just one), and the motherboard pins we checked were ok, the processor is a 7800x3d so they no longer have the pins.

Your motherboard is telling you that you have a ram problem.
Most likely some sort of incompatibility.
ryzen is very sensitive to ram .
Is your selected ram kit on the motherboard ram QVL list?
Not all similar spec ram will be compatible.
Or on the team group ram selection app for your cpu/mobo combo?

Try using just one stick in the designated slot.
Do you know what bios level your motherboard is?
Many ram issues are resolved with bios updates.
I think your motherboard can update the bios without a cpu or ram installed.
A scary process without any video feedback.