[SOLVED] New pc parts no signal detected

Feb 18, 2022
Hi so I recently decided to upgrade my pc so I bought a asus prime z690-p Wi-Fi d4 with an i5-12500 and for psi I decided to pick cx750f white and when I had everything built it turned on and all but there was no signal detected with either hdmi of display port and 2 different monitors so can someone pls help me? I’m also running a amd rx 5500xt 8gb on the rig

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'm assuming you have RAM installed in the system. I'm also assuming you've checked the power supply power switch is on.
If the above two are true, then I'd say either a bad power supply, or a bad motherboard.

-Wolf sends

Feb 18, 2022
Remove the AMD RX 5500XT from the system and connect the display directly to the motherboard output. See if you get a signal at that point.

-Wolf sends
Just tried it with both plugins and didn’t work, there didn’t just come hdmi no signal and the same with displayport

Wolfshadw

Titan
Verify you have all the motherboard power connectors in place and fully connected, in particular the EPS/ATX12V 8-Pin (4+4) into the ATX_12V_1 port on the motherboard.
Verify the CPU is installed correctly (pretty sure there's only one way) and also that there is no damage to the CPU socket.

-Wolf sends

Feb 18, 2022
Just tried it with both plugins and didn’t work
Verify you have all the motherboard power connectors in place and fully connected, in particular the EPS/ATX12V 8-Pin (4+4) into the ATX_12V_1 port on the motherboard.
Verify the CPU is installed correctly (pretty sure there's only one way) and also that there is no damage to the CPU socket.

-Wolf sends
just checked everything and it was all connected, still no signal sadly

Feb 18, 2022
What case do you have? Did you need to install motherboard spacers?
What displays are you using? Are you using straight HDMI/DisplayPort Cables or are you using any type of converters?

-Wolf sends
I’m using the Corsair icue 5000x and no I didn’t need any motherboard spacers, I’m using straight hdmi and DisplayPort cable

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'm assuming you have RAM installed in the system. I'm also assuming you've checked the power supply power switch is on.
If the above two are true, then I'd say either a bad power supply, or a bad motherboard.

-Wolf sends

Feb 18, 2022

-Wolf sends
I don’t have new ram so It could be that, but I just switched back motherboard and cpu so now it works so it has to be motherboard or ram. Is there any way to check if ram and motherboard is even compatible?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS