Jugs

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
Hey everyone hope you are all doing well :).

I ordered new pc parts yesterday for my new pc build.

these are the parts:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4rQrgw i didnt buy from the us btw. just something i used to show you the parts.

Anyways i was told by some people to change out the 2700x for 2600 and buy an rtx 2070 instead and than upgrade to the new ryzen lineup thats coming out later this year.

that would make the pc similiar price.

only like 60 euros more for me but than if i buy the new ryzen lineup cpu that would cost me even more if i do that :3!.

Im not sure its worth it since ill be doing alot of streaming and gaming plus i still use my old 144hz monitor 1080p and i dont feel like buying a new one atm.

this pc should be good for years to come? i could upgrade to a new ryzen cpu perhaps next year if the am4 motherboard still supports it.

I dont care much about ray tracing really either.

choosing pc parts is so hard!!!

What do you all think? :)

Feb 16, 2019
Hey everyone hope you are all doing well :).

I ordered new pc parts yesterday for my new pc build.

these are the parts:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4rQrgw i didnt buy from the us btw. just something i used to show you the parts.

Anyways i was told by some people to change out the 2700x for 2600 and buy an rtx 2070 instead and than upgrade to the new ryzen lineup thats coming out later this year.

that would make the pc similiar price.

only like 60 euros more for me but than if i buy the new ryzen lineup cpu that would cost me even more if i do that :3!.

Im not sure its worth it since ill be doing alot of streaming and gaming plus i still use my old 144hz monitor 1080p and i dont feel like buying a new one atm.

this pc should be good for years to come? i could upgrade to a new ryzen cpu perhaps next year if the am4 motherboard still supports it.

I dont care much about ray tracing really either.

choosing pc parts is so hard!!!

What do you all think? :)
How long the PC lasts depends on the type of games you plan to play. Esports titles like CSGO or DOTA 2 don’t require as much GPU power, and would play indefinitely with a card like the 2060. However, if you plan to play AAA/ graphically intense titles, then the 2060 would probably last 3 years before you would get sub-60 FPS. I would recommend a 2070 if you plan to play these kinds of games. However, getting the 2600 would substantially lower your streaming quality, so I wouldn’t recommend this route either, unless you’d be willing to upgrade in a year or two. The 2060 setup you have right now would last you a minimum of 3-4 years before it would be necessary to upgrade for the kind of experience you’d be getting now, assuming your plan is to play the latest and greatest. There are very few games that won’t play on 1080p 144hz on the 2060, but do on the 2070. The 2070 is mostly a 1440p card, and I would not recommend it for 1080p gaming unless you really want to max out the graphical settings. Your current build should do you just fine, but I doubt it’ll be super long lasting. So unless you want to keep the same specs for 6+ years, you should just stick to this.

Jugs

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
How long the PC lasts depends on the type of games you plan to play. Esports titles like CSGO or DOTA 2 don’t require as much GPU power, and would play indefinitely with a card like the 2060. However, if you plan to play AAA/ graphically intense titles, then the 2060 would probably last 3 years before you would get sub-60 FPS. I would recommend a 2070 if you plan to play these kinds of games. However, getting the 2600 would substantially lower your streaming quality, so I wouldn’t recommend this route either, unless you’d be willing to upgrade in a year or two. The 2060 setup you have right now would last you a minimum of 3-4 years before it would be necessary to upgrade for the kind of experience you’d be getting now, assuming your plan is to play the latest and greatest. There are very few games that won’t play on 1080p 144hz on the 2060, but do on the 2070. The 2070 is mostly a 1440p card, and I would not recommend it for 1080p gaming unless you really want to max out the graphical settings. Your current build should do you just fine, but I doubt it’ll be super long lasting. So unless you want to keep the same specs for 6+ years, you should just stick to this.
Thank you for the reply :D! yeah im mainly playing esport titles and some aa games not many. and the streaming is for fun casual :).

my old pc i had i5 and gtx 770 in it which the 770 was expensive at the timei bought it back in 2013.

i had to upgrade to a 1060 to keep up in some games. im guessing this might be the case here too i will eventually have to upgrade my gpu yes but i wont need a cpu upgrade for a long time hopefully by buying the 2700x :D. 2070 although i could buy with a cheaper cpu doesnt seem worth it for what im doing atm!