JarenSmart

Honorable
Sep 11, 2014
Hello everyone, I recently built a new PC and I am running into some problems that have stumped me.

Spec list:
MOBO - ROG Strix x570-F Gaming
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600 MHz (Model CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18)
PSU - Seasonic FOCUS GX-850
GPU - ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING
Storage - Intel 660p series m.2 2280

My problem is my first test boot outside of the case posted fine as well as the first test post after installing everything in the case. After that is where the problems started. I rarely get it to post maybe 1 out of 5 times, and it’s either giving me the red steady light of CPU or occasionally I get a DRAM steady yellow light. I’ve reseated the RAM, the GPU and changed out the thermal paste and reseated my AIO (h150i). I’ve checked PSU cables and made sure they are fitted into the slots (CPU 12 pin/MOBO 24 pin/GPU 16 pin). All lights come on and fans spin but I’m not getting a signal on the monitor except on occasion I can get it to post. I’m out of ideas and slowly losing hope. If I missed something please ask, I’ve spent the last 3 days troubleshooting with no result.

Solution
You shouldn't have to, but with most boards later bios revisions add things like better ram compatability and other things that may help your case.

JarenSmart

Honorable
Sep 11, 2014
One more thing to note. I swapped out the GPU thinking that might be it (it gets very warm to the touch but the fans will stop spinning when idling during the attempt to post). I swapped it with a known working gigabyte gtx 970 and I got it to post 1 out of 4 attempts. Seems inconclusive but I imagine that means I can rule out the GPU being the culprit right? On this particular MOBO it doesn’t have a q-code readout but it does have these led lights that reference errors. The main one I see is a steady red led labeled CPU. I’ve let it try to post for about 10 minutes and it’s just a black screen. Also I’ve tried the different ports (HDMI and another DP), as well as a different monitor. Still nothing.