Question New PC - Prime 95 stress tests errors

Aegis91

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
Hi everyone,

Another member here (@remixislandmusic ) has been kindly helping me out with buying a new PC and troubleshooting. Please see my signature for my latest build. I have had a lot of issues so far, so I will give the run down:

1) When I installed windows 10, everything was fine. Then I went to the AMD website and updated my drivers. This caused everything to crash. Tried to repair the OS, and that failed with me getting so many errors at the Windows Recovery screen. So I tried to clean install Windows 10. That did not work, again with many errors. Fortunately, ASROCK has this "SDD secure clean". Using that and installing the OS as a clean install worked fortunately.

2) However, whenever I log-in into Windows 10, I get an error asking me to continue or stop running the following script: https://logincdn.msauth.net/16.000.28230.00/ConvergedLoginPaginatedStrings.en.js . Google says related to Outlook or OneDrive, but I am not sure what this is beyond that. Any ideas?

3) My MB defaulted to DRAM frequency of 2400. AMD website says my CPU supports 2933 MHz and my RAM is 3000MHz. I set it to 3000MHz. I ran MemTest86 - Official Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool and it was fine. Nothing popped up.

I ran Prime95 torture test and I got several "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4. Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file." errors. Here is what I did:

I went back into the BIOS and set the RAM back to the default of 2400MHz. Did the Prime95 test and it was fine. Went back into the BIOS and put the RAM to 2933MHz. Did the Prime95 torture test, got no error. Then went back into the BIOS and put the RAM to 3000MHz. Error. Went back to 2933MHz, got an error. Went back to 2400Mhz, no error. Went back to 2933MhZ, no error. Simply re-ran the stress test again at 2933Mhz, no error.

For some reason, it was defaulted to set worker to core # 8 for all the tests. I only ran the tests for 5-6 minutes (5 completed tests). Usually the errors happened between tests 1 - 2. Temperature goes up to 77c to 80c. Idle temperatures 38c-40c.

I don't want to overclock at this point.

I am not sure what all this means. But should I be concerned? What parts should I get replaced? If I should be concerned, how can I better diagnose the problem?

Thank you so much,
Aegis.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I would just leave the RAM at 2933 MHz.
I don't think setting it to 3000MHz vs 2933 MHZ will give you any real world performance increase.
But as remixislandmusic said bumping the DRAM voltage up to 1.37 or 1.375 may allow you to run it at 3000 MHZ.

Aegis91

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
This is weird. I completed another stress test just see. I stopped. It said "0 errors, 0 warnings". But a results text file was generated during this and said:

[Wed Jun 26 20:33:10 2019]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

Any advice?

Aegis91

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
What's the consequences of that? I am nervous about adjusting the voltage haha.

Is it the voltage for the RAM? Or is it a different setting?

Lastly, are we sure this isn't a hardware issue?

Aegis91

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
When you're setting your RAM speed, are you doing so by enabling the XMP profile? Or are you just manually changing the memory multiplier and nothing else?

I was setting the multiplier. Like the little box that says the speed. I move it up to 2933.

Another issue is that when I switch users or log off, I sometimes get a black screen. Restart solves this. But it is weird.

TRENDING THREADS