Question New PC Ram sometimes not detected in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerozero123

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
Just had a new pc built for me and have noticed that sometimes when restarting the PC after booting into windows the task manager is only detecting 1 stick of ram 16gb instead of 32, when i do a full shutdown the issue goes away and resolves itself, any idea what could be causing this, have not had any issues or crashes with anything just this weird problem, the PC specs are the following, not sure what else to post to give more info.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX
Gigabyte Aorus Elite B650 AX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200MHz (2x16GB) DDR5
Gigabyte Eagle GeForce RTX 3080 Ti OC 12GB
Kingston NV2 2TB M.2 SSD
Corsair RM850 850W Gold ATX
Windows 10 Home

Reactions: ikeozo

kanewolf

Titan
Just had a new pc built for me and have noticed that sometimes when restarting the PC after booting into windows the task manager is only detecting 1 stick of ram 16gb instead of 32, when i do a full shutdown the issue goes away and resolves itself, any idea what could be causing this, have not had any issues or crashes with anything just this weird problem, the PC specs are the following, not sure what else to post to give more info.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX
Gigabyte Aorus Elite B650 AX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200MHz (2x16GB) DDR5
Gigabyte Eagle GeForce RTX 3080 Ti OC 12GB
Kingston NV2 2TB M.2 SSD
Corsair RM850 850W Gold ATX
Windows 10 Home
Do you have the latest BIOS? There is one BIOS version that explicitly has "Improve memory compatibility" in the notes.

Jan 15, 2022
Do you have the latest BIOS? There is one BIOS version that explicitly has "Improve memory compatibility" in the notes.

im also having issues with my own PC after installing two new sticks of RAM and taking out the old ones. Even added a new 2TB SSD. Now my PC won’t install driver updates for nvidia/intel. I updated BIOS but after reading your comments. If I install the newest BIOS update. Does that mean I don’t need previous BIOS updates? I have a GIGABYTE Z590 UD AC ATX.

kanewolf

Titan
im also having issues with my own PC after installing two new sticks of RAM and taking out the old ones. Even added a new 2TB SSD. Now my PC won’t install driver updates for nvidia/intel. I updated BIOS but after reading your comments. If I install the newest BIOS update. Does that mean I don’t need previous BIOS updates? I have a GIGABYTE Z590 UD AC ATX.
Please start your own thread rather than hijacking another member's thread.

Jan 15, 2022
Please start your own thread rather than hijacking another member's thread.
I did. New to this site and been having issues for a while. I definitely didn’t have intent on “hijacking” anything. Just asked a question to a guy who might be able to help me as I’m desperate but I apologize if it seems that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS