New PC, Random Black Screen/Crash While Gaming and Other Small Issue

Colin_15

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
The main problem I am having is sometimes while playing games my PC will randomly turn one or both of my monitors black (they are both still on as you can see the backlight shining.) After the monitor goes black, sometimes if there is sound playing it will stutter and repeat over and over again, but sometimes it won't. The only way to fix it is to hold down the power button and once it boots back up again the PC runs just fine.

I'm also having another similar issue that happens while in game: while playing, I will get a black screen on the monitor the game is on, while my second monitor stays on, and instead of freezing the PC completely like the previous issue, it will recover after a second or two. This happened last night and after it happened, every few seconds or so if there is a sound playing, it will hang/stutter. Other than that sound problem, the PC ran just fine and the temps on everything were good.

I just built this PC about a week ago and the issue only happens while gaming as far as I'm aware. I've tried to see if it was an overheating issue but temps seem to be normal around the 60c range on CPU and GPU. I have not overclocked, and it is a fresh Windows 10 install. I have also tried using DDU for my GPU drivers as the issue was happening earlier in the week, and I thought that fixed the issue but it doesn't seem so. I also tried looking through Event Viewer, but the only events I am seeing around the time of the crash are of me force powering down the PC with the power button.

Specs:
CPU: i7-8700k
MOBO: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
GPU: ASUS GTX 680 (will be upgrading soon but was only used for gaming for about 1-2 years)
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz with XMP Profile
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 Platinum 750W

Colin_15

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

I was thinking this might be an issue as the 680 I have only has 2GB of VRAM. I'll keep running with two monitors for now, but I'll try and monitor the VRAM usage using GPU-Z. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS