New PC random shut downs

ProfoundGenius

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
Hello, I recently decided to upgrade my 5 year old PC about 3 weeks ago. The only component I kept was the PSU as it was high quality and functioning properly. My new build is as follows (main components):
AMD Ryzen 2700x
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Windforce
2*8GB GSKILL Trident RGB DDR4 RAM
Asus ROG Z470-F Motherboard
EVGA G2 Supernova 750W (This was the only old part)
I also decided to buy high quality white cable extensions (Don't know if that is important or could be a cause).

Anyways, after building the PC I hooked it up and everything was perfect. Until a week ago. My PC randomly restarted during idle load. Screen went black and BIOS boot screen flashed and the PC was up and running again. (Components stayed active the entire time). Happened a few more times that day and keeps happening. Sometimes the PC will do this, but won't restart. Monitor goes into eco mode (shuts off), but all my PC components remain on no matter what. Power button won't turn it off, I have to flip off the PSU. I really need help as I don't know what else I can do. Here is a list of things I have tried.
Replacing PSU with a EVGA G3 750W
Plugging in PSU directly into the wall instead of power strip.
Updating BIOS.

Please help.

ProfoundGenius

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

So GPU is overclocked to 1890 MHz and is undervolted at 912 mV.
The CPU is left at stock to let the AMD autooverclock do its thing.
Memory is brought up to 3000 MHz (which it is rated at) using the D.O.C.P. mode in the BIOS.
Windows and all drivers are up to date as I installed them after building the PC 3 weeks ago. Windows was a fresh install during installation. Completely wiped my C drive to make sure it was fresh.

ProfoundGenius

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

I will bring the GPU back to stock and see if the problem repeats tonight. I'll come back to update. Thanks for the timely replies. :)

ProfoundGenius

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

Was just in the middle of playing a video game when it happened again. Restarted instead of just sitting there which it does sometimes. Booted into windows fine with the only error being the KernalPower error as it always showed. This just does not make sense.

ProfoundGenius

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

Okay XMP is off so memory is back to 2133. The Ryzen 2700x is at stock, but AMD always have their auto-overclock on. I'll update if the problem reoccurs.

ProfoundGenius

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

So I almost got through a whole day without it happening, but it just happened again. This is so frustrating.