[SOLVED] New PC randomly crashes/freezes when playing games

Apr 1, 2020
I have recently built my first PC, keeping the case and storage from my old PC. At first the PC used to not even boot or not even have a video output but somehow through my disassembly and reassembly I got it back to normal with one problem. Sometimes, and randomly the game will crash. It might be before I get to the start menu or an hour in, it will experience difficulties. Sometimes the game freezes, sometimes it crashes, and sometimes it goes to a black screen sometimes with my monitor saying that there was no cable connected. This doesn't appear to happen outside of gaming but I don't do much but game on this PC. At first I thought it was an issue with my video card drivers but I have the AMD app and I have been regularly checking for updates from there for my drivers. I have also installed several freeware driver updating software as well as some PC repair software and fixed every issue each of them had to no avail. I also had checked my temperature and it seems normal. Someone on a thread mentioned to do Memtest86 and it seems I have passed. I really don't know what is the problem.

Thanks for any suggestions and please excuse my inexperience as I am new to to PC building so you may have to explain things in simple terms. Also don't assume that I wouldn't be stupid enough to do something because I probably am.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
RAM: G Skill Ripjaws V Series 16Gb
MBD: ASRock B450M Pro 4
PSU: Corsair CX650

Solution
1)If you carried over your old C drive, you really need to reinstall Windows. No buts!

2)Remove the driver updating software. It's a scam, and will do more harm than good. Manually install the correct drivers yourself.
Some of those PC repair programs are scams as well...

3)Use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the gpu driver the updating software may have installed, and install the latest recommended from AMD.

4)Your build looks nice until I get to the power supply. That's a budget level psu, mixed in with some mid and high end hardware.
That's something one can use with cards like the RX 570, GTX 1650, or 1660 Super.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)If you carried over your old C drive, you really need to reinstall Windows. No buts!

2)Remove the driver updating software. It's a scam, and will do more harm than good. Manually install the correct drivers yourself.
Some of those PC repair programs are scams as well...

3)Use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the gpu driver the updating software may have installed, and install the latest recommended from AMD.

4)Your build looks nice until I get to the power supply. That's a budget level psu, mixed in with some mid and high end hardware.
That's something one can use with cards like the RX 570, GTX 1650, or 1660 Super.

Solution