[SOLVED] New PC randomly freezes, then when I restart it doesn't turn on until I reset bios

Dec 18, 2019
Pretty much the title, PC freezes and doesn't respond so I have to restart it. But then it doesn't turn on. Freezing happens when playing games, when system is idle or whenever it feels like.

It never gets a blue screen of death and never restarts on its own

I tried forcing it to freeze by maxing out CPU and doing benchmarks but it doesn't

I tested my RAM using windows memory diagnostic tool which were fine

What could be the problem?

PSU: EVGA 550 B3

MOBO: MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: PNY Nvidia 1660 Ti

RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x 8GB)

SSD: Kingston SSD A400 Solid State Drive

Solution
Well, I don't know what gameflt.sys is, but the second one points to a memory problem - either your timing is too tight, you aren't running enough voltage, or you actually have a bad stick.

What settings/timings are you using for your memory now?

Ralston18

Titan
Has the case been opened for cleaning and maintenance?

Clean/blow out dust and debris. Nothing loose (screws, pieces of wire, anything at all) moving around inside.

Reseat all cards, cables, jumpers, RAM, etc. to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

Reliability History or Event Viewer may be capturing some error code or warning preceding or corresponding with the freezes.

Dec 18, 2019
PSU brand new, and I am not overclocking anything. At the moment I think the mobo may be defective but I am not 100% sure.

When I replaced my new SSD for an old one I had, I'v managed to play some video games without any problems but now it started crashing and freezing again. Though there has been a development since now it does sometimes give me a BSOD with error being "thread exception not handled".

When I get a freeze/crash I always require hard reboot, but when I do the computer 50% of the time doesn't give video output without resting CMOS or fiddling with memory sticks. All the fans start working and my gpu LED lights up but there is no video output.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019
I don't have any minidumps for you to give but I think I know the culprit, When ever use my PC without an SSD it works like a charm, but when ever i plug it in it hard crashes the system.

So far I tried 2 SSDs and both cause my system to hard crash, I don't know how to fix it.

first SSD I bought was Kingston A400 but I returned that thinking it was faulty and got crucial mx500

Dec 18, 2019
tried changing SSD cables with spare ones i got from my PSU, but still crashes. What could be the problem? the pc works fine with 1 ram stick + ssd or 2 ram sticks and no ssd i am baffled.

Edit now 2 ram sticks don't work either even though it did for a couple days

Last edited: