Question New PC restarts without warnings!

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
Hello! I recently build a new pc for myself and can't figure out why it restarts sometimes.

First time it restarted when I was downloading a game so I though that was normal (you know new PC and all) I moved on. Second restart happened when I resumed the download of the game. This time I started to worry. After the game had finished download I ran it for a couple of minute and everything seemed to be ok except after I closed the game it restarted again. About 15 had passed and I tried to run newest version of prime95 blend test. After about 1:30 minute of prime95 the PC restarted again without a warning. all that being said D.C.O.P was on for the memory. I decided to email the store I bought the components from and went sleep.

The next day (today) I received an email from them, they told me to try and manually adjust the ram speed or just run it at stock speed (2133mhz). So I ran the PC at stock ram frequency and cas. It lasted for hours without restarting, I played GTA 5 at max settings and it played ok. The temps seemed ok and the fan speeds was resonable. It seemed a bit slow and lagging sometime in chrome, but I assume it's because of the ram speed set to default. After about two hours of game download and three of gameplay and benchmarking I decided to run Prime95 the new version and version 26.6 blend test. After 2 minutes it restarted again. After the restart I ran GTA v benchmark a couple of times and it seemed ok temps where jumping from 50 to hight 60s and the CPU fan ran close to 2k rpm. Then I decided to try D.O.C.P again for ram and ran GTA v benchmark two time, itworked fine for an hour and a half now.

As I was writing this weird thing happened: it shut down and rebooted to a black screen with a white under line in the top left of the screen (it lasted a while). I force shut from the power button and after I powered it on it showed me cpu error led light (red) then shut it down and tried to boot for a number of times at this point i just held the power button and shut it down then turned the PSU off. I waited a while and turned it back on. A notification popped saying this system has posted in safe mode bla bla bla. I went into bios and disabled D.C.O.P now it booted into windows. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Specs (all new):
ryzen 7 3700x with stock cooler
Asus x470 gaming f (newest bios)
Asus rog swift RTX 2080 super (stock)
ram is g.skill trident z neo 3600Mhz CL16-16-16-36 (found in the mobo QVL)
PSU evga supernova 750 w gold
case lian Li pc o-11 dynamic with 3 noctua fans
thermal paste is noctua nh-1

another thing to mention if I enable docp for the memory the temperature seems to be more unstable than if I run ram stock. Temps jump to mid 65 c on idle and back down with docp. please I anyone has an idea for what's going on it will be much appreciated.

Last edited:

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
Hello! I recently build a new pc for myself and can't figure out why it restarts sometimes.

First time it restarted when I was downloading a game so I though that was normal (you know new PC and all) I moved on. Second restart happened when I resumed the download of the game. This time I started to worry. After the game had finished download I ran it for a couple of minute and everything seemed to be ok except after I closed the game it restarted again. About 15 had passed and I tried to run newest version of prime95 blend test. After about 1:30 minute of prime95 the PC restarted again without a warning. all that being said D.C.O.P was on for the memory. I decided to email the store I bought the components from and went sleep.

The next day (today) I received an email from them, they told me to try and manually adjust the ram speed or just run it at stock speed (2133mhz). So I ran the PC at stock ram frequency and cas. It lasted for hours without restarting, I played GTA 5 at max settings and it played ok. The temps seemed ok and the fan speeds was resonable. It seemed a bit slow and lagging sometime in chrome, but I assume it's because of the ram speed set to default. After about two hours of game download and three of gameplay and benchmarking I decided to run Prime95 the new version and version 26.6 blend test. After 2 minutes it restarted again. After the restart I ran GTA v benchmark a couple of times and it seemed ok temps where jumping from 50 to hight 60s and the CPU fan ran close to 2k rpm. Then I decided to try D.O.C.P again for ram and ran GTA v benchmark two time, itworked fine for an hour and a half now.

As I was writing this weird thing happened: it shut down and rebooted to a black screen with a white under line in the top left of the screen (it lasted a while). I force shut from the power button and after I powered it on it showed me cpu error led light (red) then shut it down and tried to boot for a number of times at this point i just held the power button and shut it down then turned the PSU off. I waited a while and turned it back on. A notification popped saying this system has posted in safe mode bla bla bla. I went into bios and disabled D.C.O.P now it booted into windows. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Specs (all new):
ryzen 7 3700x with stock cooler
Asus x470 gaming f (newest bios)
Asus rog swift RTX 2080 super (stock)
ram is g.skill trident z neo 3600Mhz CL16-16-16-36 (found in the mobo QVL)
PSU evga supernova 750 w gold
case lian Li pc o-11 dynamic with 3 noctua fans
thermal paste is noctua nh-1

another thing to mention if I enable docp for the memory the temperature seems to be more unstable than if I run ram stock. Temps jump to mid 65 c on idle and back down with docp. please I anyone has an idea for what's going on it will be much appreciated.

Asus aura software was causing this issue.