[SOLVED] New PC Rig (Design work+Motion design+Music production) - are these good to go?

sharath_83

Distinguished
Hi All,

Decided on below ones for Design work+Motion design+Music production, but need suggestions on: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/sharathc/saved/t4Tcqs

Questions:
  • Which model of Noctua is recommended? As i don't want to go for a liquid cooler for processor! How about: Noctua NH-D15 6 Heatpipe?
  • Which higher end processor can be used in future with that motherboard?
  • Cabinet - Which cabinet will be suitable if included a Noctua cooler?
  • SMPS (Power supply) - 850 W should be enough?
  • What more can i upgrade in future, to make it fully loaded?

Please let me know people, as i have been planning since 4 months now, only to have waited for the new AMD processors.

Last edited:
Solution
Noctua will be fine.
Any 3000 series AMD processor will work. Any 4000 series (not timetabled for release yet) will probably work, 5000 series who knows.
Case is your choice, just need one that lists the height as being sufficient for the Noctua.
850W is overkill, a solid 600W would be better than a poor 850W.
A better GPU (the 580 is a rebadge of an older GPU), and storage, I'd also suggest a kit of 2x16GB would give you less trouble getting it to work than 2x 1x16GB sticks. The mobo is overkill in my opinion.

Lutfij

Titan
Glad you came to a decision since your last thread.

There are really shady PSU's and then there are really expensive, quality built PSU's. Which unit are you taking about, i.e make and model of the PSU? DDR4-3200Mhz dual channel ram kit at the very least or something like 3600MHz. Which Noctua cooler are you looking at? Noctua make a lot of coolers, tall and short. CoolerMaster is another brand, akin to Noctua, that make coolers and other hardware.

When the board allows for M.2 drive installation, why not take advantage of them?

*Stick to one thread instead of multiple thread posts.

Noctua will be fine.
Any 3000 series AMD processor will work. Any 4000 series (not timetabled for release yet) will probably work, 5000 series who knows.
Case is your choice, just need one that lists the height as being sufficient for the Noctua.
A better GPU (the 580 is a rebadge of an older GPU), and storage, I'd also suggest a kit of 2x16GB would give you less trouble getting it to work than 2x 1x16GB sticks. The mobo is overkill in my opinion.

Reactions: sharath_83
Solution

sharath_83

Distinguished
Noctua will be fine.

Thank you for the reply.

Clear on Noctua , Processor for future, Case with Noctua and RAM kit.

850W i mentioned is coz i might:
1) Add more HDD+RAM+another Graphic card in future,
and i have to connect (forgot to mention),
  1. Dual monitors and 3 external HDD,
  2. and other USB ports to connect my 2 music keyboards+1 digital piano+ 1 external sound device.
So it would still be a overkill ?

GPU should i drop down to 570 4GB ?

Mobo is overkill, i did not understand! Why?

Aside from dual cards you can do all of that for 600W, but dual cards are a very niche requirement, SLI/Crossfire is not such a big thing anymore, 1 good card is better than 2 mediocre cards

The 500 series are rebadges, the 5000 series is new.

It's a mobo that is near the end of the range, why? what do you hope to gain? Performance wise there will be no difference between that and a one that's $100 cheaper.

sharath_83

Distinguished
I looked at reviews on the Radeon RX 5700 XT - Due it's single fan, it's seems to get heated up, looking for other models.

Mobo yes better performance, choice for the Processor i mentioned, 128 GB of RAM, more Graphic card, processor upgrade in future, M.2 and others. But one thing i noticed yesterday is that this board doesn't have HDMI or VGA port to connect monitor, but i want to connect dual monitor though!

Eh
Hi All,

Decided on below ones for Design work+Motion design+Music production, but need suggestions on: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/sharathc/saved/t4Tcqs

Questions:
  • Which model of Noctua is recommended? As i don't want to go for a liquid cooler for processor! How about: Noctua NH-D15 6 Heatpipe?
  • Which higher end processor can be used in future with that motherboard?
  • Cabinet - Which cabinet will be suitable if included a Noctua cooler?
  • SMPS (Power supply) - 850 W should be enough?
  • What more can i upgrade in future, to make it fully loaded?
Please let me know people, as i have been planning since 4 months now, only to have waited for the new AMD processors.
why not get a Mac?