[SOLVED] New PC setup. Asking feedback on compatibility and suggestions.

Mar 7, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I actually didn't check if there is a "Welcome" section where to say Hi to everyone, but I will.
Well, I'm actually choosing my new PC setup components and I made a list of them. I would like to know, from you, any suggestion and I have a couple of questions. Here is the list:

I'm looking for a High-End setup which would let me to don't change anything for a few years and then just update specific components as needed.
With those prices, this setup is worth 2045€.
My questions are:
  • GPU: does it really make any difference to have the same video card model from one manufacturer or another one? I choosed EVGA which is the earliest available on Amazon, but some people suggest the Gigabyte one.
  • PSU: is it 850W enough/too much for this configuration? I saw in a article on Tom's Hardware an 850W PSU on a similar setup, but I'm wondering if a 750 would be enough as well.
  • CASE: I didn't want to spend so much on the CASE but I'm wondering if there's any specific detail that I should care about and that NZXT H510 is not compliant to.

Apart the questions, any suggestion is really welcome!
Thank you all very much in advance for your help.

Solution
My thoughts on:

RAM
When it comes to intel you don't need fast memory, a 3200 MHz kit will save you a few dollars and perform the same in games.

GPU
There are differences in the brands as they custom design their own cooling and PCB layouts, and some even go as far as increasing the VRAM frequencies and boost clock frequency. However in the end since they run on the same 2070 Super Die they will perform about the same, plus you can overclock it yourself so all those numbers they advertise are irrelevant.
However if you do plan to overclock the brand with the best air cooling design will be ideal since a cooler card is a more stable card.

PSU:
A rig with a 2070 Super needs at least 550 watt PSU. So you are overkilling it a little, I...
My thoughts on:

RAM
When it comes to intel you don't need fast memory, a 3200 MHz kit will save you a few dollars and perform the same in games.

GPU
There are differences in the brands as they custom design their own cooling and PCB layouts, and some even go as far as increasing the VRAM frequencies and boost clock frequency. However in the end since they run on the same 2070 Super Die they will perform about the same, plus you can overclock it yourself so all those numbers they advertise are irrelevant.
However if you do plan to overclock the brand with the best air cooling design will be ideal since a cooler card is a more stable card.

PSU:
A rig with a 2070 Super needs at least 550 watt PSU. So you are overkilling it a little, I have an 850 and I'm running a 2080Ti and 3900X overclocked. You can settle for a 650W which will carry will for future upgrades since Nvidia cards become more power efficient every generation.

Reactions: refillable
Solution
Mar 7, 2020
Hello Newtonius,

thanks a lot for your fast reply and your valuable suggestions.
Based on what I read, I would spend 44€ less:
I'm not usual to overclock stuff, so I wouldn't care about the GPU overclocking.
Just a last question and I will press the button "Order" :devilish:
Apart CPU dedicated liquid cooler, GPU integrated air fans and integrated CASE fan, should I bring more cooling stuff in it?

Thanks a lot.

Hello Newtonius,

thanks a lot for your fast reply and your valuable suggestions.
Based on what I read, I would spend 44€ less:
I'm not usual to overclock stuff, so I wouldn't care about the GPU overclocking.
Just a last question and I will press the button "Order" :devilish:
Apart CPU dedicated liquid cooler, GPU integrated air fans and integrated CASE fan, should I bring more cooling stuff in it?

Thanks a lot.

Not really, the cooling solution will be fine as is. Just make sure you utilize almost all available case fan areas in that case since it's enclosed. Also research what push/pull case fan configuration works best with your case.

Mar 7, 2020
Do you really need the designare? A motherboard half the price such as the Z390 Aorus Pro is fine for most people.

Hi refillable. That's why I posted the setup here. I'm looking for the top high-end setup which would let me to don't change anything for a few years and then just upgrade specific components as needed. Do you think the Aorus Pro Z390 would do the same job as the DESIGNARE?
Anyway, I just forgot about the WiFi capability because my PC would be not so close to the router.
So, do you think something like this: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi would be better in terms of performance/price balance?

Not really, the cooling solution will be fine as is. Just make sure you utilize almost all available case fan areas in that case since it's enclosed. Also research what push/pull case fan configuration works best with your case.

Mmmmm.. I'm quite not informed about this.
What do you mean with "make sure you utilize almost all available case fan areas in that case"? Will fans not be already installed in the case?
"Also research what push/pull case fan configuration works best with your case". I will make some research about this.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

Hi refillable. That's why I posted the setup here. I'm looking for the top high-end setup which would let me to don't change anything for a few years and then just upgrade specific components as needed. Do you think the Aorus Pro Z390 would do the same job as the DESIGNARE?
Anyway, I just forgot about the WiFi capability because my PC would be not so close to the router.
So, do you think something like this: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi would be better in terms of performance/price balance?

That Aorus board would take an overclocked 9900K no problem. Sure, it won't be as robust as the designare when it comes to overclocking, but with more than $150 saved you would probably be better off with the Aorus pro.

Mar 7, 2020
Hello.
I personally don't know if that specific case comes with enough fans to fill every fan mounting location is what I mean, so just prepare for that in-case you need to buy more case fans.

Ok, I got it. I found out the case has 2 fan slots in the front that, as I understood, will be filled with the CPU liquid cooler fans.
Thanks.

That Aorus board would take an overclocked 9900K no problem. Sure, it won't be as robust as the designare when it comes to overclocking, but with more than $150 saved you would probably be better off with the Aorus pro.

I bought the Aorus z390 pro wifi.
Thanks.

Here is the latest configuration:
What changed:
GPU: I opted for the ASUS version for almost the same price which seems to have a better cooling system.
MB: as suggested by refillable, I opted for the cheaper Aorus Pro considering the WiFi capability.
SSD: I opted for just 1 m2 SSD as 1TB, I will see if I need another drive.
CPU COOLER: I made a mistake here. The case has just 2 fan slots in the front and the Coolermaster system that I've mentioned before has 3 fans so it should be incompatible. Then I choosed Corsair Hydro H100i.

The full configuration is worth 1869.50€ instead of the 2000+ at the beginning.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

Reactions: refillable