Question New PC sometimes won't boot without flicking PSU on and off

Feb 1, 2022
Hi all,

So a few months ago I built my first PC, specs will be listed below. Everything went really well when it came to building the system but I've recently had the misfortune to come across an issue.

For the past few weeks now my PC sometimes won't turn on until I've flicked the PSU on and off, I've never encountered this issue when building others' PCs just my own and it's starting to get worrisome and quite annoying.

So far I've tried clearing the CMOS, switching ram positions, reinstalling windows and so on. I've also just recently replaced the PSU.

Would just like some input and possibly a solution from more experienced tech-heads on this matter.

Thanks!

PC Specs:
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
EK Waterblocks AIO Liquid CPU Cooler 240mm D-RGB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL18
MSI GeForce RTX 3070ti Suprim X
SilverStone SX1000 SFX-L Platinum 1000w PSU

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Does the issue crop up when the system is connected to another wall outlet in your house? Can you see if breadboarding the system with the bare minimum(and discrete GPU) brings up the same issue?(Suspecting that you might have a short in the case though) I (also)suspect that you might be having a grounding issue in your crib.

EK Waterblocks AIO
Please parse the model for said EKWB AIO

Feb 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Does the issue crop up when the system is connected to another wall outlet in your house? Can you see if breadboarding the system with the bare minimum(and discrete GPU) brings up the same issue?(Suspecting that you might have a short in the case though) I (also)suspect that you might be having a grounding issue in your crib.

EK Waterblocks AIO
Please parse the model for said EKWB AIO
Thank you for the welcome and swift response!

I haven't been able to move the PC elsewhere in the house, my room is kinda the only area I can test stuff with. It's also a bit difficult to purposely recreate the issue, it tends to just occur at super random times.

Unfortunately I cannot breadboard the system at the moment since I'm using it for work purposes, I'll have to wait until I have a bit of downtime.

The AIO is a EK Waterblocks AIO Liquid CPU Cooler 240mm D-RGB

Feb 1, 2022
I've came across a potential solution but not entirely sure if it fully resolves my issue or not. I've currently enabled ERP S4+S5 in my bios and it seems to be working like a charm, I was just wondering if it's safe to just keep it like this or should I just go to a repair shop?