Question New PC speakers detected but no sound

Oct 5, 2018
I recently bought new PC speakers Logitech Z537. When I connect them with PC using included 3.5mm cable then Iget a notification "Your rear line out impedance is equal to or higher than 110 ohms. Enhancement level is set to Extreme ". Speakers are recognized but there is no sound. Sometimes after restarting there is sound but most of the time nothing.
I have tried to set Enhancement manually to something else but it hasn't done anything.
Bluetooth connection works flawlessly and using the same 3.5 mm cable with a phone also works.
My motherboard is Asus PRIME x470 PRO.
Is there something I can do and what is the reason for this?

D

Deleted member 14196

I would run the windows audio troubleshooter and see what it finds. post back here for more help with the results.

D

Deleted member 14196

it sure sounds like a windows configuration issue to me. have you reinstalled drivers? does it look good in Device Manager?

have you tried a different RCA 3.5mm cable?

D

Deleted member 14196

also try a difffernt set of headphones on that rear port, if they work, maybe your speakers are bad. I would use a nice usb dac and a preamp to run powered speakers. but i detest all that is logitech. i have only ever had bad experience with their stuff.

in fact, for 99 bucks you can get a DAC/AMP with preamp out to run shelf speakers! no stupid audio cables except between that unit and the speakers, just plug the usb into a usb port and BAM, rich, full great audio. I have one at work BTW, and their more expensive discrete ones at home. The fulla sounds amazing, but of course, they make better DACs like for home entertainment usage. when my kid is through college, i am going to go whole hog on Schiit stuff. Yggdrasil BitPerfect DAC, 2 Vidar amps in monoblock mode, and a Freya preamp/remote control with some nice tubes (I like tube gain better than the built in JFET)

https://www.schiit.com/products/fulla-1

Total Flexibility For Your Desktop
Fulla 2 is a complete DAC/Amp in a single tiny case. Plug Fulla 2 into virtually any USB port, connect your headphones and/or powered monitors, and you’re set for great music. But that’s only the start.
  • Use it as an amp. Connect your phone (or any other analog source) to the convenient front jack.
  • Use it as a preamp. Connect to powered monitors or speaker amps using the variable outputs on the back.
  • Use it as a DAC. Connect to an external preamp or processor with the fixed 2V line outs on the back, or use the variable outputs for convenient volume control as well.
  • Use it with phones, tablets, or computers with low-powered USB ports. We’ve included a second USB port for power input. Plug in your phone charger (or any other 5V DC source with micro-USB output) and Fulla 2 tells your source it doesn’t need any power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 5, 2018
also try a difffernt set of headphones on that rear port, if they work, maybe your speakers are bad. I would use a nice usb dac and a preamp to run powered speakers. but i detest all that is logitech. i have only ever had bad experience with their stuff.

in fact, for 99 bucks you can get a DAC/AMP with preamp out to run shelf speakers! no stupid audio cables except between that unit and the speakers, just plug the usb into a usb port and BAM, rich, full great audio. I have one at work BTW, and their more expensive discrete ones at home. The fulla sounds amazing, but of course, they make better DACs like for home entertainment usage. when my kid is through college, i am going to go whole hog on Schiit stuff. Yggdrasil BitPerfect DAC, 2 Vidar amps in monoblock mode, and a Freya preamp/remote control with some nice tubes (I like tube gain better than the built in JFET)

https://www.schiit.com/products/fulla-1
I haven't tried reinstalling the drivers. only updating. Now that I think about it the same thing also happened with my old speakers. Since they were 8 years old I thought that it just the effect of wearing down over time.
I also have headphones connected via USB and those work every time.
I think Amp might be an overkill for my set up. But if I can't fix it any other way then i might have to go that route.
Thanks for the advice