Question New PC- SSDs not working

gijoe985

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Hello all,

So, I bought a new PC on eBay.

Asus motherboard
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Quad Core
Samsung 850 Pro 2.5" 256gb SSD x 2 (512gb total capacity)
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32gb (8gb x 4) DDR4 2133
ECGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6gb sc+ Gaming w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling Graphics Card
Corsair AX860i 860W Platinum Certified PSU
ASUS Black 12x Blu-Ray Drive, Writes BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-RAM, DVD+R
Atech Flash PRO-77U Flash Reader (USB ports and memory card reader on front of PC Case)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
Cooler Master HAF X - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0

All this said, I had some issues on initial startup. First I had no video output. I tried the native hdmi with no luck. I then got an adapter to use the displayport on the motherboard and I could get to the bios setup. After this I could not get it to boot windows. The previous owner showed me a picture of it booted and in windows. That said I finally decided to grab my ssd from my old PC and try it. It booted fine.

At this point I have both of my old HDs attached and its running. When I access My Computer it shows a single, needing formatting, 512gb drive. But if I try to quick format I get an error and if I unselect quick format it will go half way and then stop/freeze.

Where do I go from here? I'd like to make use of those 2 256gb SSDs.

gijoe985

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Another question I have, that is sort of related, is if these 2 SSDs that came with my new PC are setup in RAID, is there a way for me to copy everything off of my old SSD onto these so that my.new PC basically just runs like the old one (software wise) and then I can put my old one back in my old PC and do a fresh install on that PC as a backup pc...