[SOLVED] New PC stopped working (Motherboard issues

Jun 28, 2021
Hi,

I have built my PC and fixed an issue with it not being able to post, so I reached out to know if I screwed up my second motherboard, and If it is entirely my fault, or I need to adjust something.

Ok, I built my PC, got windows, did everything like that, but I didn't install my hard drive. I wanted to do that because I needed more space in the long run, so I opened up the case, and problems started there. I have terrible cable management, so this probably made this process 3 times harder. anyway, got it and plugged everything in and it did not show up as a drive. called up my dad and we troubleshooted. When I plugged in my SATA port I did something and when I went to turn the PC on the front panel io wasn't working. replugged that in and nothing. reseated cables and nothing, but for some reason my worst enemy for now on, the 24 pin cable, when adjusted, made it work. I fixed that problem and I set up the drive, but when I tried to put the back panel in my computer started getting really loud, and the display went off. I couldn't turn on the PC with the front panel power button so I shut it off via power supply switch to reseat the 24 pin cable on the motherboard. That did not work so I though I definitely f***ed something up, and whatever I did I could not fix it. I have a very similar problem like this, with the same MOBO and CPU as well. the lights for DRAM stays and then quickly switches to CPU then DRAM. The PC also gets super loud. My PC worked completely fine before, so I think I basically destroyed my system (maybe) with bad cable management. Here is the link: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/bp9l9x/wont_post_dram_error_light_on_b450_aorus_pro_wifi/

should I buy a new board for the 3rd time? It worked for this guy.

Thanks If you can give your opinion on this problem.

PC PARTS:

Powerspec 650 80+ gold fully modular power supply

Asus 650ti 2gb BOOST GPU

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 65W 3.2ghz am4 CPU

Cooler master hyper 212 black edition

Inland premium nvme m.2 512gb SSD

Aorus b450 pro wifi MOBO

G.skill ripjaws ddr4 16gb 8x2 RAM

Blue extension cables (works fine)

Solution
should I buy a new board for the 3rd time?
you shouldn't need to buy a new motherboard period.
if the first malfunctioned or came with an issue, it should have been returned\RMA'd for a replacement.
the same with this second board.

there's always a chance they will determine user error caused any problem and deny your warranty claim, but it's better than just going out and buying multiple boards without knowing.
I reached out to know if I screwed up my second motherboard, and If it is entirely my fault, or I need to adjust something.
are you absolutely sure your front panel is setup correctly but not functioning?
if so, you can bypass the case power button and try to manually short the power connection on the...
should I buy a new board for the 3rd time?
you shouldn't need to buy a new motherboard period.
if the first malfunctioned or came with an issue, it should have been returned\RMA'd for a replacement.
the same with this second board.

there's always a chance they will determine user error caused any problem and deny your warranty claim, but it's better than just going out and buying multiple boards without knowing.
I reached out to know if I screwed up my second motherboard, and If it is entirely my fault, or I need to adjust something.
are you absolutely sure your front panel is setup correctly but not functioning?
if so, you can bypass the case power button and try to manually short the power connection on the motherboard's front I\O header.

in the future to avoid a lot of hassle you can put the system together outside of the case and ensure basic components are functioning properly and the OS will install & boot.
after, you can move it to the case and add any extra components.

when building inside of a case it can lead to a lot of extra confusion and makes troubleshooting hardware a lot more difficult.

Solution