Question New PC switches off during install

Dec 18, 2021
Have just built a new PC but can't seem to install an OS. I have tried Windows 10, Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora but all exhibit very similar behaviour. What happens is that at seemingly random times in the install (although for Windows it is actually quite consistent) the keyboard lights all blink and the PC switches off completely, only then to start right back up again. For Windows, this happens about 5-10 seconds after the spinning loading circle appears. For Debian, I get around the stage of selecting my language and get this same issue.

I'm not sure what this could be. The BIOS runs perfectly, and the temps are stable at 39 degrees. Memtest ran almost 3 tests without any errors and without crashing. I've also disconnected the SSD and any non-essentials i.e. I only have the 24 pin power, the 8 pin power, the CPU fan, the front panel switch and a couple of sysfans connected (disconnecting the sysfans does nothing).

What could the issue be?

CPU: Intel i5-11600
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 Gaming X
PSU: Corsair GS600

Help in debugging this issue would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll have to take the parts back / ask the shop guys to have a look