New PC, Trouble Installing Windows

filibertoc0106

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
So basically after me and my dad finished building my brand new pc, I plugged in the usb that has the Windows installer, I go through the process until I get to the part of "Where do you want to install Windows?" It says on the bottom that "We couldn't find Any device," so I browse and I see the usb that I has Windows installer and when I choose it a warning pops up saying "No signed device drivers found, Make sure that the Installation media contains the correct drivers" Also the usb is connected to the usb 2.0 instead of the 3.0. I have the h110m-a motherboard btw. Is there a place that I can I get the instructions step by step? For my motherboard would be nice but anything will do.

Solution

So it can't see your SSD or HDD? this is the point you choose the ssd or hdd to install onto. Is the ssd showing in the BIOS?

Colif

Win 11 Master

So it can't see your SSD or HDD? this is the point you choose the ssd or hdd to install onto. Is the ssd showing in the BIOS?

You don't want to install it onto the USB, that is what you are installing off. You shouldn't need to browse to find anything.

guide to clean install: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Solution

Jeff Kaos

Distinguished
In BIOS you need to select boot order. This tells the PC what storage device to attempt to boot from and in which order. Most older systems had a boot order sort of like this:
1. DVD ROM
2. HDD 0
3. USB

So basically when you turn on your PC it'll read the dvd in your optical drive and if it wasn't a bootable disc, like say a game or a movie, the PC would then boot from the HDD connected to the SATA 0 port which usually (but not always) is the drive that has the OS. This way if a user needs to reinstall their OS they can just put the disc in and turn on their system and go from there without needing to mess with BIOS. Since you're using a USB drive to install your OS you'll want to change the boot order in BIOS so that the USB drive comes before any hard drive in the boot order. You should also make sure that the SATA cable connected to the drive you want to install your OS to is plugged into the SATA port on the motherboard that's either labeled "SATA 0" or, on newer boards, "System". Once you have your OS installed you might want to go back into BIOS and change the boot order so your OS drive is the first boot device. It's not totally necessary and if you do change it you'll need to change it back if you ever want to reinstall Windows. But if you decide to leave the USB as the first boot device make sure you have the OS drive as the second one.