New PC Unexpected Shutoff

Mar 20, 2018
So recently my PC started shutting off on its own. It hasnt had a problem what so ever until last night. I switch from my monitor to my TV (which are both very near so all I did was switch the HDMI) and start watching a movie. The system was on for only 20 minutes and it cuts off.
I checked out my Computer and don't know the issue. Im a tech and still learning some things. But this is a brand new system ive built! Its not m first and this is extremely frustrating.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
XFX Radeon Rx 480 (blower edition)
Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Corsair H100i water cooler
Some wifi card that is in there but dont use anymore lol
And a Thermaltake 650 W RGB PSU
It also has a single RGB remote strip. And 3 NZXT Fans all on full blast. Everything is as it came clock speeds wise. I havent touched anything. Temps are great.
But this problem continues even switching back to my regular monitor.

What could be causing this? Any ideas..

Solution

There is not much to go on, and it's not a common problem. Typically a faulty system will not boot up or it will freeze during use with a blue screen of death, not just suddenly go dead. For now make sure all your drivers and the BIOS are up to date, scan for viruses and malware and keep a hardware monitoring program like Speccy...
Mar 20, 2018

I checked the PSU, the fan was spinning, it wasnt getting hot, it wasnt making a smell either. I don't have any way to see if its just not drawing enough power or anything. Any other ideas?

There is not much to go on, and it's not a common problem. Typically a faulty system will not boot up or it will freeze during use with a blue screen of death, not just suddenly go dead. For now make sure all your drivers and the BIOS are up to date, scan for viruses and malware and keep a hardware monitoring program like Speccy open while your using the the computer. Try and look for a pattern as to when it stops working. A failing power supply can be hard to diagnose because often it will not show a clear pattern for you to see.

Solution