New PC, which gpu should I get? GTX 750 ti or above that?

Patriot_95

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm getting a new PC, not a high-end one, but a decent one in my opinion, but I´m stuck in the GPU, I don´t know what to get, here are my specs so far:

- Intel i7 2600k 3.4ghz
- MOBO Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
- 8gb Adata gaming 1333mhz dual channel DDR3
- About the PSU, it isn't a quite one, but I think it could handle something nice: Edge systems AF-B600P 600w with 30a in +12v rail

Which GPU should I get considering the limitations of the PSU? I have in mind a 750 ti but also something above it, because I'm looking foward to play FARCRY 4 in high-ultra settings on 1080p.

I'm assuming you are getting this used. It is pretty good actually, the I7 should be on par with the latest i5.
The PSU is a rare one, you from Spain, seems like it is sold mostly there? :) One issue is that it seems not to have 6pin PCIe connector, and you will need this for most 750 TIs, but almost all manufacturers supply molex to 6 pin converter cables with the cards.
With that PSU I'd recommend card with SINGLE 6 pin additional power input. 750 TI is OK - actually the 6pins on it are mostly for serious overclocking.
More powerful options that will work are: HD 7850, R7 265, R9 270 (non X). Also GTX 960 is expected to be released today, if not in a hurry you can wait for some benchmarks.

Patriot_95

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
I'm from Mexico and yeah, this PSU is quite sold here, but doing some little researching, i found that this AF-B600P is not what i need if i want something above the average. So im changing it to a Corsair TX650 with 80+ Bronze.
I think with this PSU upgrade, now i can go for a GPU more powerful right? Is the best power supply i can get for my budget and also seems to have overall good reviews around amazon, newegg, etc.