[SOLVED] New Pc will not boot to windows no matter what I try. Please Help me

Jul 30, 2021
Hi Guys, I have built 2 pc's now, this one is my second build. I sold the parts from my original system because after 30 days or so of use the system started boot looping, I replaced the CPU with a ryzen 5 3600x, which fixed the issue, and then it started boot looping again 2 days later. So I brought the brand new CPU back to the store i bought it from and went back to my 3 3100 which also still boot looped. I thought it was just a freak accident or something but evidently not because it's happening again.

Here is my issue, my new pc seems to work just fine, all the hardware is brand new except for the CPU, GPU (I bought used from eBay), and storage devices (SATA SSD and hard drive).

When you start up the system, it gets to the motherboard manufacturer splash screen then reboots about a second later. It recognizes my windows 10 boot usb as a bootable USB and I set it so that it is the only possible bootable thing, the SSD and hard drive are out of the picture. None of this has changed the fact that it boot loops.

It honestly is feeling hopeless. As far as my knowledge goes there is no logical reason it shouldn't be working but it isn't. I feel like I have tried everything at this point. At the very least I need to know what's wrong with it. Is there any software available online that troubleshoots an entire system to see what's wrong with it? Something that I could boot to a USB or something

Parts list:
Gtx 750 ti Oc Asus
Crucial Ballistix Rgb 16 GB dual-channel at 3600mhz
Msi Mag Mortar B550m
Ryzen 3 3100 with a corsair elite capellix a100i cooler
corsair rm850x

Solution
I did all of this, nothing is working. It just boots to bios.
One thing to note is that when I look at the usb with the windows download files in it it has about half of them recognized. For example, the windows download media usb when downloaded has
-boot
-efi
-sources
-support
-autorun
-bootmgr
-bootmgr.efi
-setup
but when in flash mode the recognized files are
-system volume information
-boot
-efi
-sources
-support

Is that normal? the setup application doesn't even show up so I'm starting to think that might be the issue here
You could be right, it might be boot looping because it can't successfully run the USB. Try reinstalling it onto a new USB with enough storage space and try again. If it still doesn't work, try it...

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
You could've gotten really unlucky in getting a faulty motherboard twice in a row. However, you could also be short-circuiting the motherboard because of the standoffs/risers. Another plausible issue could be your case. Maybe the restart button switch is faulty and automatically restarts before you can boot.

Try some of these tips out:

1. Unplug front panel connector switches and grab a screwdriver and jump the motherboard. There are heaps of videos online on how to do it, just do a quick search.
  2. Make sure your memory is seated right and in the right slots (use mobo manual of course to figure out what slots are right or not)
  3. Make sure every power supply and case cable is in place (your mobo won't break if you're firm)

Anyways, let me know if this helps!

Jul 30, 2021
You could've gotten really unlucky in getting a faulty motherboard twice in a row. However, you could also be short-circuiting the motherboard because of the standoffs/risers. Another plausible issue could be your case. Maybe the restart button switch is faulty and automatically restarts before you can boot.

Try some of these tips out:

1. Unplug front panel connector switches and grab a screwdriver and jump the motherboard. There are heaps of videos online on how to do it, just do a quick search.
  2. Make sure your memory is seated right and in the right slots (use mobo manual of course to figure out what slots are right or not)
  3. Make sure every power supply and case cable is in place (your mobo won't break if you're firm)
Anyways, let me know if this helps!
One thing to note is that when I look at the usb with the windows download files in it it has about half of them recognized. For example, the windows download media usb when downloaded has
-boot
-efi
-sources
-support
-autorun
-bootmgr
-bootmgr.efi
-setup
-boot
-efi
-sources
-support

Is that normal? the setup application doesn't even show up so I'm starting to think that might be the issue here

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
-boot
-efi
-sources
-support
-autorun
-bootmgr
-bootmgr.efi
-setup
-boot
-efi
-sources
-support

You could be right, it might be boot looping because it can't successfully run the USB. Try reinstalling it onto a new USB with enough storage space and try again. If it still doesn't work, try it with one of your friends or family members PCs (don't worry, you can exit the windows installation) and see if it works on theirs. If it boots up to the windows installation menu on theirs but not yours it's probably an issue with your hardware - most likely the motherboard.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS