New PC, Windows Installation Problems.

Adrian Olechowski

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
So I recently finished assembling my first ever gaming PC. The post beep is
audible, and everything seems to be working fine. I switched up the boot settings in the bios so that Windows 7 can boot up from my CD Read/Writer, and I press save and restart. I then press F12 to pick a boot drive for windows, and it runs well until I get prompted some sort of shell command prompt/console. This is what it tells me:

Current running mode 1.1.2

Device mapping table

blk0 :BlockDevice Alias (null)
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x1)/Ata(Primary,Master,0x0)

Press ESC in [# of] seconds to skip startup.nsh, any other key to continue.

<Shell>

ANY help or advice AT ALL would be much appreciated. I really want to get this Gaming rig up and running as soon as possible.

PS - The bios type is UEFI and i have no clue if this is the reason that I am getting this console prompted to me.

Oh, and specs:

AMD FX 6300 3.5 ghz 6 core CPU.
Nvidia EVGA gtx 660 superclocked GPU
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 Motherboard
Seagate Barracuda 1TB Harddrive
Corsair CX600 watt Power Supply.

Much thanks for reading my post, and I hope somebody, somewhere has a solution to this monstrosity.

Solution
And there was no message like "to boot from CD/DVD press Fx now" before that? If your DVD drive shows up in bios, this points to a win7 DVD, that is not bootable. Is it an original DVD?

Adrian Olechowski

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

I did exactly what you said, and I get this error message on the screen.

"reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key."

Any knowledge on what this could mean?

Adrian Olechowski

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

Thanks so much. No, there is no message on the screen stating that, and the DVD is also not original, and it's not in a retail box or anything related. So all I need is a new windows DVD, and it should start up without any problems, correct? You saved my whole day, thanks ;)