Question New PC with RTX 3070 is stuttering in games ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 29, 2021
So i recently got my pc like 4 days ago and i have all drivers and everything up to date. My games for some reason stutter and its very quick like 1/3 of a second but its very noticable and happens offten in games like sea of thieves it happens maybe every few minutes. And something like minecraft, i dont know why stutters even more frequenlty like every 30 seconds. Im getting very high framerates in games though like sea of thieves almost 200fps on max settings and minecraft fps out the roof but still get stutters.

I have done alot like use vsync in minecraft, i still get stutters Sea of thieves also used vsync and still stutters I have a 144hz gsync monitor and even when i limit my frames to 144 fps that doesnt help either.

Disabled gsync still stutters

I have enabled xmp profile and still no help ram running at 3000mhz and ive even pushed to 3200mhz and still no help.

Disabled htep settings as some people said this might help, didnt help me and i turned it back on.

Ive also seen how my gpu runs very hot in some games like over 80c but i have been able to undervolt the gpu using msi afterburner to get it more steady like in 70ish area. But without the undervolt on stock settings for the gpu, something like sea of thieves can get to 86c

I have also updated my bios as there was a new version but still didnt help it.

Ive tried rolling back driver updates on the rtx 3070 and still no fixes. Ive tried basically everything at this point and if anyone can help id really appreciate it.

Im on windows 10 and have updated it all. Ive also already reset pc and did fresh install and still my games stutter. Ive also disabled some things like xbox game bar and alot of other things and nothing has helped get rid of this constant stutter in all games.

Cpu: intel i7 11700kf
Gpu: rtx 3070 msi 2x
Ram: brllstix 2x8gb ram ddr4 3000mhz
Psu: 800w psu
Motherboard: gigabyte z590 ud ac
Storage: 1tb m.2 ssd

Feb 25, 2021
Do you get the "stutters" if you cap your framerate?
Man when i builded my pc last year on December, everything runs fine. And when Nvidia started making anti crypto driver, after that a saw so many posts about people with RTX cards getting stuttering. Well i tried switch-Ram, GPU, Cpu and non of them helped. Well i downloaded Msi afterburner and open build in resource monitor. Then just played game and waited for stutter to happened, for some reason when stutter happened on my pc, my gpu usage, clock etc.... Stays fine, but just power % drops from 60% to 35% and then back to 60%. And i know this is not my PSU problem. For some reason high demand games stutter just rarely, but low demand games stutters .