[SOLVED] New pc wont boot off of usb drive

May 11, 2020
I am building my first pc, (scary right?) I managed to get everything together, booting up to the bois, and even got my usb to register on the bois. But when I go to boot options all I get is the "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" I have then made sure to pick the usb as the 1st boot location in the bois, and tried unplugging and unplugging along with restarting multiple times. But I am at loss, and can't seem to find anything along these lines anywhere else.

Solution
I am not going to it yet, but the only thing I could think of is to format my usb and reinstall the windows 10 media creation tool

What did you do with the Media Creation Tool? You can't just put the Windows Media Creation Tool on the USB. It won't work. You have to start Windows Media Creation Tool inside Windows and create the Windows on the USB using the Tool.
May 11, 2020
I have a ryzen 5 2600 (stock cooler), Asrock b450m pro 4, g.skill ripjaw 3200 2x8, sapphire rx570 pulse, and a team group 1 t ssd. Case is corsair crystal 280x I believe

I am not going to it yet, but the only thing I could think of is to format my usb and reinstall the windows 10 media creation tool

What did you do with the Media Creation Tool? You can't just put the Windows Media Creation Tool on the USB. It won't work. You have to start Windows Media Creation Tool inside Windows and create the Windows on the USB using the Tool.

Solution
May 11, 2020
You are talking about the menus you go through when you download it onto a usb for the first time? I did that while I was following a youtube video on how to install windows 10, this was like 2 weeks+ ago when I wa ordering parts. I believe I did that setup back then. If I did, would you suggest I redownload the media installation tool?