Question New PC wont boot past bios and has green lines all over the screen ?

Deluxechipmunk

Honorable
Jul 4, 2015
hi all, just got a new pc today from iBuyPower, unfortunately their tech support isnt open on weekends so ill try here for 24/7 support.
my pc boots to bios and has green lines all over the screen. then after i exit bios, all my peripherals turn off, and monitor goes black, and nothing happens afterwards. the pc is still on and running but it just stays like that with a black screen until i turn it off. and like i said, the green lines/marks all over the screen is very odd. imgur link shows what im talking about.

ive taken the ram out and put it back in, check as many cables as i can see. my x570 aorus elite wifi board was running bios F31e, i tried downgrading to the last stable version of F30, but still same issue.

SPECS
  • 3070 FTW3
  • ryzen 5600x
  • 800w PSU
  • X570 Aorus Elite Wifi Motherboard
  • iBuyPower 240mm CPU cooler
View: https://imgur.com/a/CyjtZbE

Dec 29, 2020
I encouraged one of my close friends to purchase a similar iBuyPower system for his kid for Xmas. He is having this EXACT same issue the only difference is that he has an Intel processor. The common denominator between these two are the 3070 graphics card. The specs for the system are below. He's obviously not happy with me (lol) but i've used IBP for years and only had issues with my first build. Their tech support told him "i definitely know how to fix it, it's just that i can't fix an item being backordered indefinitely!" referring to the graphics card. He had initially said he thought it was an MB or GPU issue but was leaning more toward the GPU. He sent me a photo of the green lines and they're identical to the photo in the OP.

Case ::iBUYPOWER LIAN LI LANCOOL ONE RGB
Processor ::Intel® Core™ i9-10900KF Processor (10x 3.70 GHz /20MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling ::iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System
Memory ::16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB
Storage ::512GB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD + 2TB SEAGATE 7200RPM Hard Drive
Video Card ::GeForce RTX 3070 - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
Motherboard ::MSI Z490-A PRO
Power Supply ::700 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold
Internal Wireless Network ::pCIe or On-Board Wireless Network

Mar 5, 2021
I’m having the same issue right now. Just bought my PC from cyber power.
RTX 3070 Evga FTW RGB
PSU: gigabyte p850gm
16gs ram 3200
Z490 Altus elite

please if someone has any answers I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Feb 27, 2021
You’re thinking it’s the power supply? So what it’s drawing to much power? It’s an 850 +80 though? I also have extra case fans and a 240 liquid cooler. Does that mean it’s taking to much power to run the system and causing the issue?

My i7-10700k / RTX 3070 system and 32" 4K Dell monitor combined are drawing 84 watts as I type this (with 15% GPU processing in the background). Whether the PSU brand is flaky or not on yours / the OP's, I don't know, but it's impossible to draw close to 800 watts for that spec.

Mar 5, 2021
My i7-10700k / RTX 3070 system and 32" 4K Dell monitor combined are drawing 84 watts as I type this (with 15% GPU processing in the background). Whether the PSU brand is flaky or not on yours / the OP's, I don't know, but it's impossible to draw close to 800 watts for that spec.
Alright, it’s frustrating for sure. I tried unplugging two extra case fans and still having the same issue. Iit will boot up now but when I start a game it crashes to a black screen and then back to the same issue. Is that what happened when the power supply goes into safe mode?

hi all, just got a new pc today from iBuyPower, unfortunately their tech support isnt open on weekends so ill try here for 24/7 support.
my pc boots to bios and has green lines all over the screen. then after i exit bios, all my peripherals turn off, and monitor goes black, and nothing happens afterwards. the pc is still on and running but it just stays like that with a black screen until i turn it off. and like i said, the green lines/marks all over the screen is very odd. imgur link shows what im talking about.

ive taken the ram out and put it back in, check as many cables as i can see. my x570 aorus elite wifi board was running bios F31e, i tried downgrading to the last stable version of F30, but still same issue.

SPECS
  • 3070 FTW3
  • ryzen 5600x
  • 800w PSU
  • X570 Aorus Elite Wifi Motherboard
  • iBuyPower 240mm CPU cooler
View: https://imgur.com/a/CyjtZbE
That screenshot says to me you have bad VRAM on your card