[SOLVED] New PC Wont Boot to USB to install Windows

Jun 27, 2020
I just finished my first build. It posted into bios, but when I open the boot menu with usb (properly loaded with windows media installation tool) it gives me the error message "reboot and select proper boot device". Everything else is working correctly (RAM timing, fans, peripherals, etc.)

I've tried reconfiguring the usb and reinstalling my M.2 SSD. I'm not sure what to do and my asrock motherboard doesn't seem to have a boot priority menu in the BIOS. Please help. Specs below.

Ryzen 5 3600
Asrock B450 Pro-4 AMD mATX Mobo
Radeon RX 5700 XT Sapphire
Corsair LPX Vengeance 16 GB (2x8)
WD Blue 500 GB M.2 SSD
Corsair RMx 650 W PSU

Solution
Every motherboard has a boot priority. Your computer is trying to boot from the m.2 which doesn’t have windows. You need to have your bios boot from the usb, the setting is definitely there.
Jun 27, 2020
Thank you for the quick reply. When I went to the boot menu in the UEFI there was no boot priority option. Now when I power the computer on and mash delete in brings me to the external boot menu with the error message "reboot and select proper boot device". suggestions?

Jun 27, 2020
After a lot of troubleshooting, my PC is only letting me into the BIOS about 25% of the time. When I get there, there's no way to configure boot option priority. I moved my SSD to a different M.2 slot to no avail and checked every plug.

Jun 27, 2020
Have you tried pulling the cmos battery with everything unplugged ? Also have you checked for bios update sometimes reflashing the bios fixes these problems I've had similar issues on a rog STRIX b450f