new pc wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigLITTLEmac

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
Biostar z170gt7, intel i76800k, gtx 1070, corsair 650w gold plus, pny 256gb ssd, samsung evo ssd, 1tb wd hdd i want to say caviar edition? I built this for a friend and itwas running for a good month.
It was running heaven benchmark; all temps were good cpu and gpu, then there was some pixilation large blocks of colors & frame skipping on the monitor and the pc went into a hang/lockup. Had to hard shutdown.
booted up blank screen, no bios, postcode a0. Started to troubleshoot pulled video card boot up no bios just blank screen postcode a6
It has been about 2weeks & ive tried everything i can imagine: Switched bios to default, cleared cmos, removed ram also should note the system does recognize when it does and doesnt have ram, tried onboard video. No luck; fans spin up lights come on blank screen no bios nothing. At another point in the troubleshooting the postcode was something about handing control over to ide. I've tried switching monitor on and off i get 1 beep on start up. I am completely lost???? have exhausted all my iq on this haaalp! my gut tells me its the mb. this system was overclocked. i have tried another monitor as well monitor is rog 160hz tried hdmi and display port as well as hdmi on a 720p tcl tv

I edited this to be more readable and understandable.
Please add the make and model of the power supply and what type hard drive is installed to the original post (use edit function in lower right of your post).
Might sound a bit strange, but there is a possibility that it might be your hard drive.
Also, was it overclocked when it crashed?

Status
Not open for further replies.