Question New PC won't boot

Jun 22, 2020
Build:
Ryzen 5 3600
ASRock B550 Steel Legend
Gigabyte 2070 Super
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB
Corsair RM750

I built my 2nd ever gaming PC today and was going well until I tried to post. When I flick the switch on the PSU to on the fans light up and spin for a millisecond then turn off immediately and then when I try to turn it on from the switch or manually with a screwdriver I get nothing.

My first thought was a faulty PSU however I tested it with a paperclip and it ran fine for about 10 seconds then shut off which I read was normal so everything should be fine there. I also made sure all my cables were properly seated and they were however I noticed when I plug in the 24 pin connector I didn't hear a clicking noise which I thought you usually get, could be nothing just thought it was worth noting. I took out my GPU, reset CMO's, pretty much everything from any forums I could find and still nothing.

One thing I did notice is that when I wiggle the 24 pin connector sometimes the fans and lights will spin and light up again so I feel like it might be a motherboard or cable issue but am unsure of anyways to test that. I was just wondering if anyone has had any similar issues or any advice on how to fix it and anything is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 22, 2020
The paper clip test cannot prove a psu works, it can only show if a psu is completely dead. Just because the fan spins does not mean the psu can deliver the correct voltages under operating loads. Can you test the system with a different psu?

Unfortunately not. Is there any other way to test the voltages actually coming out?