Question New PC, wont detect GPU

Dec 17, 2022
Hello!

I'm a little out of touch with building PC's,so bear with me!

So I have just treated myself to a new PC:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/refr...eQcjD8ukk5LdgjntWQmyFmt8aDSSE9jBoCtlUQAvD_BwE

My old rig was over 12 years old and the CPU/RAM was really holding the system back, so I decided to just restart.

Pre built, and booted just fine. I had a Gefore RTX 3060 Ti in my old system however, so clicked the new 3060 out of the new system for a nice easy upgrade.

Except.. it won't power on! Cables are snug. So I popped the 3060 back in. No problems!

I booted the 3060ti back in my old rig and it works fine, so I know the GPU isn't damaged.

Any ideas if what I could look into to help? The power supply is 600w on both systems - although the old system has a fancy old CoolerMaster in.

I'm really unsure how to proceed!

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022
What does that mean?
Zero signs of life? Fans not spinning? No leds on motherboard turning on?

What is model name of PSU in new pc?
Did you reuse any modular PSU cables from old pc?
Using wrong modular PSU cables can kill/damage hardware connected.

Sorry, I wasn't clear at all.

There is zero power, no fans spinning, no LED's, no ability to even get to BIOS. Even the power light on the Case doesnt come on. However if the new GPU is re-fitted, everything is fine. (As it the old GPU if I refit it back into my old PC)

As for cabling, the whole new PC has its own cables pre built, literally the only thing I attempted to transfer over is the 3060Ti. I checked to make sure the cables were 8 Pin, which they were.

The name of the new PSU is:

Kolink 600W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply,found here:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kolink-classic-power-600w-80-plus-bronze-power-supply-ca-04f-kk.html

The old one I cant give you much other than 'CoolerMaster 600w Silent Pro', sadly ive lost the paperwork a fair few years ago.

Hope that helps.

Dec 17, 2022
Swapped the PSU over and same issue. Put the PSU and GPU back in the old system and everything is fine. I think it may be as simple as I need a new PSU with a little more juice! I hadn't considered the new system may use more power in general. Told you im rusty!

Going to borrow one off a friend after Christmas to test.

Thanks for the advice!

Swapped the PSU over and same issue. Put the PSU and GPU back in the old system and everything is fine. I think it may be as simple as I need a new PSU with a little more juice! I hadn't considered the new system may use more power in general. Told you im rusty!

Going to borrow one off a friend after Christmas to test.

Thanks for the advice!

The new system with the old PSU doesnt even boot ?, if thats the case, I hardly doubt the PSU is the issue. More like a CPU, Mobo or RAM.

I would get a low budget GPU, like a GT 710/1030 and try to boot the system with that, if it doesn't boot, then I would probably send back the new system (if its under warranty of course) to where you bought it.

Last edited: