[SOLVED] New pc wont display anything

Jan 15, 2020
Hello everyone. I recently bought a number of components to build a pc from scratch.

Specs being:

MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

RAM: Corsair Vengence Pro 3200Mhz 2x 8gb

PSU: Antec VP650P Plus 650W

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 590

I hadn't built a new pc in years. so I was a bit rusty
but besides not knowing that you could get no display without integrated graphics(I'm still shocked) I appear to have done everything correctly.

Without the gpu plugged in the mb would display the ez debug vga button. ignorance of intergrated graphics had me there, switched off and unplugged everything and put in the gpu. It ofcourse goes past vga now but hangs on boot ex debug led and I get no display whatsoever.

I am now at a complete loss at what to do, I've reset the cmos, made sure everything is plugged in correctly, and yet still nothing.

I have absolutely no way to test individual components as I have no other pc, anyone have any ideas I haven't thought of to try get this thing going?

Also the GPU's fans power on initially but once it gets to ex debug boot led turning on the fans stop spinning if that helps.

Solution
Make sure that you're connecting the monitor to the graphics card, not to motherboard. Apparently, there should be signal on monitor.