[SOLVED] New PC won't install wifi drivers / cannot access internet - "no connections are available".

JoelSF

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
I assembled a new PC today and cannot access internet on it. No network options and it just says "Not Connected - No Networks Available".

Using the CD provided hasn't helped either; via the AsusSetup.exe I managed to install the intel chipset & Realtek LAN driver but trying to install the intel Wi-Fi driver just doesn't work, no matter how many times I install & reset they don't install and I'm left at square one.

As it is I'm unable to even use wifi hotspot from my laptop or phone since it doesn't have access to join any networks.

The motherboard is: ASUS TUF Gaming B560M Micro ATX LGA1200
OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit - 2015 key, unsure if this is relevant but I've had it a long time now.

Help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't have access to a PC repair store or spare components.

Solution
Your motherboard has 2 models.
One with a wifi module and one without.
Does your motherboard have the wifi module?
Did you install it in the wifi slot, similar to m.2 but mounts perpendicular to the board and connect antennae wires?
If not, you have the non wifi model.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I assembled a new PC today and cannot access internet on it. No network options and it just says "Not Connected - No Networks Available".

Using the CD provided hasn't helped either; via the AsusSetup.exe I managed to install the intel chipset & Realtek LAN driver but trying to install the intel Wi-Fi driver just doesn't work, no matter how many times I install & reset they don't install and I'm left at square one.

As it is I'm unable to even hotpost wifi from my laptop or phone since it doesn't have access to join any networks.

OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit - 2015 key, unsure if this is relevant but I've had it a long time now.

Help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't have access to a PC repair store or spare components.
Does Ethernet work on the PC? If so, download this Intel Driver update utility and see if there are any updates available.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Your motherboard has 2 models.
One with a wifi module and one without.
Does your motherboard have the wifi module?
Did you install it in the wifi slot, similar to m.2 but mounts perpendicular to the board and connect antennae wires?
If not, you have the non wifi model.

Solution

As it is I'm unable to even use wifi hotspot from my laptop or phone since it doesn't have access to join any networks.

What about in Device Manager ?