Question New PC won't install windows 10

saltySquash

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
I'm having a lot of trouble booting to my Win10 installation disc. I just got all the parts in today and when I had everything put together I went to install Windows 10 but the status circle just freezes and nothing happens. Pic: https://gyazo.com/6e65fba51e832534b5e1e77f9e729cc7
I used MediaCreationTool to put the w10 install files on my usb, and i also tried a dvd, but it doesn't seem to be the drives.
Sometimes it can also freeze the exact same way in the Aorus loading screen.

I've tried disabling CSM boot options, resetting the BIOS, but I can't figure it out. The install disk I'm using is the same one I used a month ago to install it on my older computer. I'm not sure if it there is some BIOS/UEFI setting that will help me setup windows.
I'm getting really exhausted and i really need help to solve this. Not sure if a bios update would solve it as my current bios version is F3, and it says the F3 should work with my CPU but it looks like F7 could work too.

I've tried:
Changing the power supply
Tried both ram sticks in all the slots, also singular
Running without gpu
Different settings in BIOS

Edit: When it freezes, the fans are stopping.
Reading other threads with the same problem

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 9700k
GPU: Zotac rtx 2080
PSU: RM750x
RAM: Hyperx fury 2x8 2666
MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU COOLER: NH D15 Noctua

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest version of the BIOS for your motherboard? In spite of us all being on 1903 for Windows 10, it's still advised you recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Just to rule out a faulty/failing PSU, have you tried with a borrowed PSU made of a similar reliable brand? Breadboard without the discrete GPU(on donor PSU).

saltySquash

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Are you on the latest version of the BIOS for your motherboard? In spite of us all being on 1903 for Windows 10, it's still advised you recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Just to rule out a faulty/failing PSU, have you tried with a borrowed PSU made of a similar reliable brand? Breadboard without the discrete GPU(on donor PSU).
I've tried another PSU yes, and the same thing happens. I also used the newest version of windows 10 but it doesn't change anything either

saltySquash

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Is it possible that my motherboard is not compatible with my cpu? (i7 9700k and Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite.)