Question New PC won't post - First time builder

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It can be. Considering everything you tested so far I would say it wouldn't hurt to try is with real monitor. Once Windows is installed it does not matter what display you use but at first boots it can be tricky.
TVs should work with basic display protocols. Different being legacy boot with uefi cards that Windows need boot first. Wouldn't hurt trying a monitor though. I just find it odd, gpus sporting hdmi long ago rarely had handshake issues if ever with TVs.

breh_soe

Honorable
May 28, 2015
It can be. Considering everything you tested so far I would say it wouldn't hurt to try is with real monitor. Once Windows is installed it does not matter what display you use but at first boots it can be tricky.
I’ll update on that when I can get a monitor. I’ll keep trying anything in the meantime too.

breh_soe

Honorable
May 28, 2015
I took my PC to a professional and it was determined that the CPU is bad. Guess I’ll just have to warranty it. What are the chances of it arriving dead??

breh_soe

Honorable
May 28, 2015
Bought a new CPU that should be compatible according to PCPartpicker, (AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core) installed it, same result. I’m not even sure what to do with this aside from just throw this away and buy a pre-built one at this point.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS