Question New PC won't post

FeddeAzerty

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
So my PC won't post, my dram led is on constantly,so at first I thought it was the ram, so I RMA it. I got it today still same problem,no output signal, no post. But everything else seem fine to me: fans spin rgb on mobo lights up, AIO cooler working gpu working, my psu is brand new, so.. idk what to do I've tried everything, from one stick and switching slots, and using this forum guide on things to do before posting anything about "no boot/post".
Mobo: msi b450 gaming pro carbon
Ram Corsair Vengeance rgb pro
R7 2700x
Rx 580 8gb
Psu evga g3 series 650 gold

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
The old boring pull the power 24pin and reseat it advice first. Then back off the aio cooler on your cpu it may be screwed down too tightly. Then try pulling motherboard battery out wait few minutes and replace. Reset might help.

FeddeAzerty

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
The old boring pull the power 24pin and reseat it advice first. Then back off the aio cooler on your cpu it may be screwed down too tightly. Then try pulling motherboard battery out wait few minutes and replace. Reset might help.

Any other suggestions? I'm pretty sure everything is connected properly.

FeddeAzerty

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Pull the cpu, check for bent pins, reseat it and try to fire up. Don't let your pride interfere with technical checks. Pull that 24 pin power cord and reseat it :]
I'm quite sure the cpu doesn't have bent pins because I had to reinstall my aio Cooler and the mobo doesn't detect any problems. I've tried the 24 pins but still nothing dram led still turns on.
How do I know if it's a mobo issue?

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
I would still pull the cpu and reseat it and try a start up without the cooler attached just to see if that is where your problem lies. If your dram led light is on that means your cpu is not talking to your ram. Did you try to loosen the aio cooler at least? When I replaced the cpu thermal paste on my cooler I had the same problem. Everything lit up and spun up but no post. I loosened my cooler off of my cpu and success it posted up. You have to try all tech attempts to clear the problem, along with cmos restart before you can be sure your motherboard is at fault.

giorov

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Also try with just one ram stick installed just to see what happens. I'm having a problem (on an intel system though) where the cooler weight is causing ram slots 2 and 4 to not function.

giorov

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
also, does you MoBo have lights on the board indicating what is being checked? some have a light for CPU- DRAM- POST- or OTHER-related issues ion the board which may indicate where it's getting stuck before post

FeddeAzerty

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Have you tried to flash the bios with usb stick to most recent driver? Refer to page 45 in your owners manual.
i tried but seems not to work led remains solid red after i insert the usb and do all the thing.
i waited around half an hour
and ye btw i tried to lose the cooler as u said and boi o boi i got so scared, cpu led turned on and the fan would spin so fast. then i tighten them back and it goes back to the previous problem.
and i cant reseat the cpu as of now because i dont have any termal paste available. and if it was actually the cpu the led would light up no? like when i loosed them

FeddeAzerty

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
also, does you MoBo have lights on the board indicating what is being checked? some have a light for CPU- DRAM- POST- or OTHER-related issues ion the board which may indicate where it's getting stuck before post
its says dram, but i have rma my ram already and tried it still same problem

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
i tried but seems not to work led remains solid red after i insert the usb and do all the thing.
i waited around half an hour
and ye btw i tried to lose the cooler as u said and boi o boi i got so scared, cpu led turned on and the fan would spin so fast. then i tighten them back and it goes back to the previous problem.
and i cant reseat the cpu as of now because i dont have any termal paste available. and if it was actually the cpu the led would light up no? like when i loosed them
Well if you got a reaction from loosinging your cooler then I would say your cpu is not seated properly. It should not come loose just because you loosened the cooler. Please pull the cpu and reseat it and try a restart. If it clears up your problem then your only problem is to buy thermal paste!