new pc wont successfully boot after installing windows 10

Dustin_17

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
i have a newly built pc that i have fully assembled and have been trying to successfully install windows 10 on. i have been able to successfully install windows 10 once but every time i try to boot up the computer, it will go through the loading phase of windows 10 and then black screens after maybe 5 seconds. i have swapped disc drives for a possible error and nothing different occurred. i have also tried to reset the pc many times to possibly fix something but i have had no luck with it. i truthfully don't know what could be going wrong with this build. the motherboard is a asus M5A78L-M LE USB3. someone please help, i have been trying to find a solution to this for days now.

Solution
first reset cmos, press f2 on boot get into ur boot settings set as primart boot is usb, check ur usb settings are enabled check ur harddrive is registering in ur bios & check that ur processor is set for 64bit, check the basics save set up pull up ur boot setting try fire ur windows 10 off usb make sure ur earthnet is plugged in. I learnt many works arounds on 10 8.1 some times u gota fire bare basic even run 1 stick of ram just till a os is loaded re add ur vid cardlater after a basic os its what i do the best way as u can load up ur drivers easier to i use driver genius tool it patchs ur bios can do power runs

LaserNinja11

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Plug/insert your windows installatiob media into the pc (usb driver or disk, doesnt matter which) and when it comes to the installation screen try to find " repair my computer" if that dont work / cannot find it do a custom installation, select your hard drive, click format, maybe even try deleting that partition, then re install windows. I had a similar issue when i messed with installing windows on my laptop

Aa_Steff

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
I have this same problem but a different mobo so it shouldn't be that. However when I first booted up my pc I believe that I forgot to setup the bios, I am wondering if you could have done the same thing and if you have solved this problem. My problem is still going on sorry I do not have an answer just the same question.

Plumboby

Respectable
Apr 18, 2016
flash a windows 10 to a 3.0 16gig multi artitecture os to a flash drive make sure ur flash drive isnt fat32 otherwise will cause issues. boot from ur flashdrive but get into ur bios & set boot device usb3 should load no issues run the 64bit articture makes ur system run optimum should load up no issues do it as a custom so u can keep & format to suit to install 10 i learnt a few tricks with 10 i had this issue till i found on here someone asking the same question

Dustin_17

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

I'm pretty sure that I have setup the bios but how would I go about doing that if I hadn't?

Plumboby

Respectable
Apr 18, 2016
first reset cmos, press f2 on boot get into ur boot settings set as primart boot is usb, check ur usb settings are enabled check ur harddrive is registering in ur bios & check that ur processor is set for 64bit, check the basics save set up pull up ur boot setting try fire ur windows 10 off usb make sure ur earthnet is plugged in. I learnt many works arounds on 10 8.1 some times u gota fire bare basic even run 1 stick of ram just till a os is loaded re add ur vid cardlater after a basic os its what i do the best way as u can load up ur drivers easier to i use driver genius tool it patchs ur bios can do power runs

Solution