Question New PC

Apr 24, 2019
Hello. im new here. Been reading, not sure if I came across my current set of questions so I thought i would ask.

I am building a new Windows 10 system that I can use for gaming and my wife can use for Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.

Im going to be going with an Asus motherboard the Maximus Hero XI, and either a 9900k or 9700k, haven't decided yet.

Questions:

1. Which CPU would you recommend for gaming and production, 9900k or 9700k?
  2. Memory: I have 48gb of memory, 2133mhz in my old PC. Should I just use that, or would I benefit with more memory, or higher speed? Can I just upgrade to 32gb of 3200mhz speed and have faster ram and drop the 12gb, or should I prefer the 12?

Or maybe I should consider 64gb? Is that too much?

Anyone that games plus uses adobe rendering software please advise.

Thank you in advance. Cheers!

Lutfij

Titan
Depending on your budget and your workload, I'd say going for a Ryzen platform would be a good idea. If you've got money to spend, you could go with an entry level Threadripper build and that is only if your production work needs to be on schedule and you're primary source of income is through said productions. You can game on pretty much any system, s long as you meet the games requirements(minimum or recommended).

You didn't include your budget and ofc your slew of workloads. Best read through this.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Hello. im new here. Been reading, not sure if I came across my current set of questions so I thought i would ask.

I am building a new Windows 10 system that I can use for gaming and my wife can use for Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.

Im going to be going with an Asus motherboard the Maximus Hero XI, and either a 9900k or 9700k, haven't decided yet.

Questions:

1. Which CPU would you recommend for gaming and production, 9900k or 9700k?
  2. Memory: I have 48gb of memory, 2133mhz in my old PC. Should I just use that, or would I benefit with more memory, or higher speed? Can I just upgrade to 32gb of 3200mhz speed and have faster ram and drop the 12gb, or should I prefer the 12?
Or maybe I should consider 64gb? Is that too much?

Anyone that games plus uses adobe rendering software please advise.

Thank you in advance. Cheers!

9900k would be better for this, and I would recommend selling the 2133mhz ram and getting 3200mhz ram for this. 32gb is likely the sweet spot for what you are doing.