Specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5900X
32GB Ram Unsure which brand
Nvidia GForce 3090 24GB TUF Gaming
2tb SSD
WIndows 10

I am using it with the screen Samsung Odyssey G9

i have no clue what to do software wise
i just dowloaded Nvidia Experience to get the latest nvidia driver.

other then that i have no clue what to do.

the picture quality of my screen is pretty bad, not sharp at all

can someone help me out with which kind of drivers i need where i can find them, how do i optimize my screen to make it sharp
i apologize english is not my first language i would appreciate all the help i can get.

thank you

Solution
Once install Nvidia driver using GE and acquire Nvidia control panel from Microsoft Store, NvidiaCP should then be an option right clicking anywhere on desktop wall paper. Run it and go to change resolution. Set native resolution in list to 5,120 x 1,440.

Can also change resolution in Windows, right click desktop, settings -> display. Or type display in search bar bottom left of screen and settings area for display should be suggested for you to click on.

Microsoft installs generic display driver, native resolution isn't properly set until video drivers are installed. Resolution is probably set to 1080p and why it looks bad.

*Being a pre-built, video drivers were probably installed already and hopefully NvidiaCP too. Just needed to...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Once install Nvidia driver using GE and acquire Nvidia control panel from Microsoft Store, NvidiaCP should then be an option right clicking anywhere on desktop wall paper. Run it and go to change resolution. Set native resolution in list to 5,120 x 1,440.

Can also change resolution in Windows, right click desktop, settings -> display. Or type display in search bar bottom left of screen and settings area for display should be suggested for you to click on.

Microsoft installs generic display driver, native resolution isn't properly set until video drivers are installed. Resolution is probably set to 1080p and why it looks bad.

*Being a pre-built, video drivers were probably installed already and hopefully NvidiaCP too. Just needed to change resolution.

Solution

Bmanny

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020

*Being a pre-built, video drivers were probably installed already and hopefully NvidiaCP too. Just needed to change resolution.
My setting is on high, if i set my refresh rate up to 240 its even worse, idk why i pretty much have this computer out of the box and have no clue how to set everything up so it works properly

Bmanny

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
What is high?

What resolution is display set to?

Do you know how to upload screenshots? Prnt screen, paste in paint, upload screenshot of resolution page in NvidiaCP to Imgur.com and copy img link here.
right now the resolution is set to 5120 x 1440 thats max, i gigured out why it was so blurry everything, it was that the regular windows background is not ment for the ultra wide screen.

what programs can i use to see how my chipset and my videocard is performing, where can i see their temps

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Makes sense.

Hwinfo64, sensors only, to monitor all sorts of things. Cpu, gpu, usages, frequencies and temps, information on ram, drives etc. There's a lot there so it can be overwhelming at first.

Hwinfo is a program with everything but for more simpler diagnostic programs, Coretemp for cpu, Gpuz for graphics card.

Msi Afterburner can be used to display hardware statistics in games. If you've seen game videos and wondered how they have various numbers reporting frame rates, cpu usage, temps etc, Msi Afterburner can do that. There's youtube guide showing how to set it up, search Msi Afterburner osd how to. Osd = on screen display.

Testing your pc

3DMark.com Click on benchmark link top right and scroll down to 3Dmark, Windows edition and try free basic edition. Unlike bought edition, basic is limited so not sure if resolution is locked, think from memory it is. Plenty use basic to test and youll have scores to compare with. 3Dmark is also available on Steam, basic or to buy like the website.

Userbench website is another test can try make sense of. Keep in mind that overall tests and results vary, comparing to systems similar to yours, but it doesn't separate same cpu to others who may have overclocked or running faster ram, so results can be skewed leaving you wondering why system appears to be underperforming when it's not. Unless there's actually an issue like thermal throttling, you'd use Hwinfo, cpuz, gpuz, to check.

Last edited: