Hi got almost all my part for a new pc
- intel 13900k
-4090 ASSUS TUF
-z690 aorus elite ax ddr5
-32 gb ddr5(6000)
-ssd wb black 2 tb heatsink
-Case: Fractal Design Torrent E-ATX
-1200w power supply

Miss the cpu cooler .Don't care for rgb light just want the best cooler possible.
lots of people recommend NH-D15 but there a lot of model out there NH-D15- NH-D15S -
NH-D15 chromax.black -NH-D15S chromax.black

What the best cooler I can buy and have no problem with my motherboard don't care to pay more if there a more quiet one.

thx a lot

jeezo

Honorable
Nov 16, 2016
gaming is pretty much all I will do with this pc

try to check for 360mm Fractal AIO they all sold out in canada except for Fractal Design Celsius+ S36 Dynamic X2 PWM Black 360mm but is 299$ double the price(reseller)

for the NH-D15 is it not good with my setup or motherboard?

my cpu only arrive on the 14 nov should I wait to get a fractal aio in stock?

my motherboard I when with z690 aorus elite ax ddr5 with recommendation from this forum trying to save a bit of money (already 5000$+ in) https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/good-motherboard-for-4090.3782990/#post-22838859 was aware I need to flash the bios (not sure how hard is it to flash it )

thx

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
for the NH-D15 is it not good with my setup or motherboard?
None that I know of. Noctua claims it's compatible: https://ncc.noctua.at/motherboards/model/Gigabyte-Z690-AORUS-ELITE-AX-5331
The fan does sit above the channel A memory slots - the alternative is to install that fan at the butt of the cooler.

The i9s - both Alder and Raptor Lake - have a certain 'behavior' where they run at borderline thermal throttle temperatures when all cores(specifically) are loaded, and the biggest air and liquid coolers do not appear to stop it. The cpus need to be manually tuned for those loads.
Games do not load all cores, so it is a non-issue.

jeezo

Honorable
Nov 16, 2016
Phaaze88 said
The fan does sit above the channel A memory slots - the alternative is to install that fan at the butt of the cooler.

idk what that mean or how to do it ? the website you link say compatible but should I avoid the NH-D15?

I did not open the motherboard I can always return it and buy other motherboard if so I'm open to suggestion

appreciate the help as always

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
idk what that mean or how to do it ?
See this?
iu

You can do THIS if desired:
iu
Minus that case fans in the back - that is too close.