New Phone Maker OnePlus Partners with CyanogenMod

Status
Not open for further replies.

masmotors

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
the cpu number the 8974ab vs 8974ac is redicules to state now who will even know the difference i have no idea whick is best ab or ac ????????????

Kelthar

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
the cpu number the 8974ab vs 8974ac is redicules to state now who will even know the difference i have no idea whick is best ab or ac ????????????
The company is obviously requesting opinions from everyone, from tech junkies to regular users who can provide different views. The 8974AC is expected to be better than the 8974AB, but it'll probably cost more and have higher battery consumption. If it keeps the previous standards with previous AA/AB/AC, then AC will have higher clockrate on CPU, GPU and RAM. I think it's great that a company is actually requesting input from its future users.

RealBeast

Titan
I've been researching for the last week after an incident with a malware infested link my wife found on facebook. Even with Kaspersky configured to be as strict and secure as possible, the malware had no issue getting in and establishing itself. From my personal experience, as great as Kaspersky appears to do in every lab test, it seems to fail more often than not in real world usage.
The weakest link is the user, no software will save you from clicking on bad links -- I'd button down her security a little more with a hosts file from HERE if that's an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.