Hi all,

Im a competitive fps gamer and I just upgraded my desktop to the following:

Processor: I5 4440
Mobo: Asus Z87C
Graphs: Radeon R9 270X
Disk: Kingston Hyper X 120g
Memory: 8Ram
Cooler: Seidon 120V + 8 fans

My PSU is and old (6years) Nox AT750R14A. I clean it regulary and it stays quite cold even in hard intense gaming.

That being said and my question is: should I upgrade PSU also since it is so old or as long as it works well there is no reason to buy new one?

Thanks in advance \m/

jbrown156

Reputable
May 7, 2014

you should get a new psu as the current one thats 6 years old can be close to the end of its life cycle..if it develops a fault it could cause the damage to other parts in the computer,hope i helped

Biks

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
uou, thanks for super fast answers!

750watts but about amperage and idle/load voltages I cant give you an answer as I dont know how to check.

But I would if somehow you guys tell me.

D

Deleted member 217926

Biks

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014

Despite looking fine and working aparently well im afraid that was the answer I was fearing to have but it makes all the sense of the world.

Really apreciated all for answers, its now time to me to face that i need a new PSU.

Thanks and Take Care!

ps: my 1st time do i have to pick an answer as I really found all of them usefull,

jbrown156

Reputable
May 7, 2014

glad i could be of assistance

Biks

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
I was actually going to ask for some sugestions :) Budget wise I still have to investigate a bit to set a limit but should be around the price of your sugestion.

D

Deleted member 217926

Just a quick glance at Overclockers.co shows 2 great choices.

The SuperFlower Golden Green is only 54 pounds. This is an excellent mid tier unit. People here in the US might not be familiar with the SuperFlower name but they are an actual manufacturer and this unit is the basis for the newer EVGA 80 Plus Bronze units. Tier 2 or tier 2B on our list I linked to above.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-003-SF&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=2463

The SuperFlower Leadex Gold is one of the best platforms on the market. Comparable to the Seasonic X / Platinum units and Corsair AXi units. This is a fully modular unit as well. 84 pounds. Solid tier 1 unit on our list.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-014-SF&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=2463

Edit: And you said Euros not Pounds. I fail reading for the day :D

Do you have a site you like to buy from?

Biks

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
I do have a friend that sometimes gets me really nice prices on some hardware. Or even if he gets around other places prices I go for him.

The SuperFlower Leadex Gold seems really good price/quality. And on my limit :)

Biks

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014

I might get the other for a really nice price. thanks anyway! ;)

D

Deleted member 217926

Just keep to the tier list and you will be fine. You certainly don't have to get that SuperFlower. It was just the best model for the price on that website.

Biks

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
It is on my wish list and from now on should be the one I use has a reference for comparing prices. ;) I was just saying that out of the two sugestions I got here the Superflower I can actually get it at a nice price, not so lucky with the EVGA. :(

jbrown156

Reputable
May 7, 2014
D

Deleted member 217926

Enermax is an actual manufacturer and they are known for making very good units. I recommend them by name. So yes it will be a fine choice.

Biks

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
Ok guys, bought and installed already my new PSU. Havent gaming with it yet but can already tell you that temperatues have decreased general speaking.

Problably because of more eficient energy and more air flow in cpu box since cables are smaller.

Once I put it to full test ill come here to update you guys on the performance.

Really apreciated your effort to help me and im more than happy with the conclusion.

Thanks all!

jbrown156

Reputable
May 7, 2014

glad to help out bro